Internet Petition Demands Dark Souls Drop GFWL

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
I myself have never had any problems with GFWL.
I think it's because of some very smart decisions I made with my usage of it.
I never used GFWL in my life. 'Nuff said.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
Live is such a terrible system I have no idea why anyone would use it... I would take rootkits and install limits over this.

I do on the other hand REALLY want to play this on PC though... damn.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
AnarchistAbe said:
Or, hear me out, they could just stop with the PC ports. Piracy strains the PC market, it's not as profitable as consoles, and it's a smaller consumer base. Why don't they just stop releasing PC titles?

This coming from a PC gamer, who loves the PC. Seriously, we should just try to be thankful for what we get.
Ah, this argument. Consoles have piracy as well. It one of those common myths like apple products not having any trojan problems.

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
lapan said:
AnarchistAbe said:
Or, hear me out, they could just stop with the PC ports. Piracy strains the PC market, it's not as profitable as consoles, and it's a smaller consumer base. Why don't they just stop releasing PC titles?

This coming from a PC gamer, who loves the PC. Seriously, we should just try to be thankful for what we get.
Ah, this argument. Consoles have piracy as well. It one of those common myths like apple products not having any trojan problems.
I know there is console piracy. But it's nowhere near as widespread and accessible as PC Pirating.

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
Brad Shepard said:
AnarchistAbe said:
IT ISN'T OUT YET!!! How do you know it doesn't work? I have never once had an issue with GFWL.
Ive seen you around, you just go a the away from popular majority don't you? GFWL is terrible, its broken, and people dont like that at all.
Sometimes I do, yes. I like to play the Devil's advocate. But here, I truly feel this way. I have TRULY never had an issue with GFWL.

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
Yup, GFWL is terrible and doesnt really work that well and even when it does will still piss you around.
It also happens to be almost identical to how xbox live works (except it works on console), meaning that most of the time taken will be put into making sure the port works, developing a control scheme (and hopefully allowing things such as key bindings), checking issues with hardware (gee, Rage on day 1 was a blast) and add anything extra needed.

eyedonutkair

Feb 6, 2009
ccdohl said:
Master race? Hahahaha that's funny. haha hah haaaaaaaah.

But seriously, what's with that?
Oh, I think you know what it means...if you don't, try playing online and letting people know you're...not as like them in skin tone.
Thats all I'll say, as you get accused of playing the race card for pointing out flaws of the 'master' race.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Ok... in all fairness I dont like GFWL at all, buuuuuuut, the program essentially works just fine.

The problem with it is not that it fails to work. The problem with it is being forced to run at least 3 different service layer processes underneath it to make it work, and if you tamper with those processes it can break the whole setup.

GFWL, LiveID, LiveID Login manager, .net framework and possibly, cant recall, but I think Silver light. All of which are really unnecessary outside of the base client and even that is really not needed. You should not have to run 10 additional processes outside of the main client equaling out to about 20-50 mb of system resources just to run a client so that it can launch the program.

SO if you have all that garbage running, yeah the program works just fine. If you intentionally stop any of those components or fail to update them accordingly, then yes you likely will have problems, but the same is true of steam except if steam isnt fully updated or some of its components cannot run, it just shuts down, instead of continuing to run broken making you think its actually working.

Anyway. Not fond of GFWL for these unneeded resources, but I really hope it doesnt come to steam either. Honestly not that steam is bad, but its the expectation that it was going to be released on steam despite any evidence suggesting it and even evidence suggesting it wouldnt and then pitching a fit in protest because it was not made available to people via their great and glorious gaming benefactor.I would be happy with anything other than steam simply out of spite, but Gamers Gate, D2D, Impulse, GoG, would be idea, So really im fine with GFWL provided it DOESNT go to steam, because people bitching that things didnt go their way seems to be the new black.

Alma Mare

Nov 14, 2010
In all fairness, I take back what I said. After hearing how using GFWL streamlines the porting and the conditions the port was coming out in the first place, I can see how they are between a rock and a hard place on this one. It still sucks a hell but it might deserve the "buy it anways and crack the offending bits off" treatment. Let's hope the next sequel avoids it from the start -.-

Spy_Guy

Mar 16, 2010
Sandytimeman said:
PLease stop GFWL, its so bad it makes Gotham City Imposters almost impossible to play. I hate it so much please, Steam or Ubisoft DRM ANYTHING BUT GFWL!!!!
Strongly agree with what this fellow said.

It's like someone decided to intentionally wreck the game after a really smooth beta. </ /3
I'm all in favour of not having GFWL on anything. Not that I care about Dark Souls, but I do care about GFWL being craptasticular.

lemby117

Apr 16, 2009
I am so f***** sick of people bitching about steam and it all has to run on steam, for fucks sake steam is not the messiah It doesn't even work in offline mode.

OT: They should take it off GFWL and use Origin instead just to see how pissed off people get.