Introductions and Questions etc.

stickydate

Mar 16, 2017
Hi all!

Long-time escapist lurker, first time poster here. I've been playing and running tabletops and RP's for about two years now - however, since moving city away from my friends, I haven't had an opportunity to play for some time. Clicking around the escapist brought me here, and I figured, why not give this forum a try?

I have experience running slimmed down versions of Warhammer Fantasy, Shadowrun, and a few self-written campaigns. I tend to favour story over mechanics, and reward thoughtful role-playing over maxing out your character. Stories I run tend to be short, but allow players to carry over their characters into the next one - often there is a larger, under-pinning plot. This way, players can stay for one campaign, or several, without missing out on much.

The campaign I would run on this forum is a Shadowrun-y (minus the magic and various races) heist/action campaign, set in a mostly realistic future. Players create their own characters, choose from a list of skills, and are able to progress and modify their character through the cybernetic implant system.

So I guess what I'm wondering is what the current state of the forum is like? Usually I like to play with 4-5 others, but seeing all the locked threads, maybe this wont be possible? Furthermore, would people be interested in this sort of campaign?

Also, where do people communicate with their group outside of the forum itself - the groups feature?

Any and all responses, help, or criticism welcome!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Well, I can't speak for the interest level among others, but the description of the roleplay you propose is really more Cyberpunk, as in the actual RPG, which really IS the future soon without magic and meta-humans and whatnot. It's not Shadowrun without the shadows and the run, to be fair. I've no experience with Cyberpunk in particular, though. I'll label myself 'curious', but waiting for more than an interest thread before deciding.

stickydate

Mar 16, 2017
FalloutJack said:
Well, I can't speak for the interest level among others, but the description of the roleplay you propose is really more Cyberpunk, as in the actual RPG, which really IS the future soon without magic and meta-humans and whatnot. It's not Shadowrun without the shadows and the run, to be fair. I've no experience with Cyberpunk in particular, though. I'll label myself 'curious', but waiting for more than an interest thread before deciding.
Ah, I'm not familiar with cyberpunk. I chose Shadowrun-y with regards to pacing, story, and without expanding too much, the campaign structure, but I see your point! Hopefully there's enough interest so we can roll together.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Sadly this forum is mostly dead, so you might have difficulty getting a campaign to run. I think we had a Cyberpunk RPG on here, which did not run that long.

st-pro

Apr 19, 2017
the silence said:
Sadly this forum is mostly dead, so you might have difficulty getting a campaign to run. I think we had a Cyberpunk RPG on here, which did not run that long.
Things and activities are for the people by the people. Let's make this community active then! :)

i-am-luke

Apr 20, 2017
st-pro said:
the silence said:
Things and activities are for the people by the people. Let's make this community active then! :)
For sure, let's reactive the community again :)