iOS and Android games I play right now.

Just_Tiu4U

Nov 6, 2013
I have been active in mobile gaming once again and tried games with different genres. Exploring all types of genres is my goal now. Trying to set a benchmark when picking a game. I visited the appstore and google play and made my own research to make a list of all the games that I will play especially during the weekend.

First in my gaming list is Royal Revolt, a reversed tower defense game. Instead of making defense for your own territory, you will play as the invaders. Really cool and exciting story, gameplay and animation. Next up is Dead Trigger, a first person zombie action shooter game. High end graphics and controls. It can be a little tricky at first but you can adapt to it if you play longer. Last but not the least is Kingdom of Legend or K.O.L, a strategy game. One of the few and newest strategy games that I have played in Android and iOS. What I liked about this game is that you can control your own Kingdom. Resources, upgrades, soldiers and a whole lot more. Not to mention that the wars in this game are international. All players around the world can participate. The game itself is very easy to understand along with its mechanics. Superb illustrations of soldiers. A real eye candy if you ask me.

All I can say is that I enjoyed all these games but as a strategist in all types of games I play, King of Legend best suits me well. With all my friends and other players around the world all in one game, this would be one heck of a challenge.

Ubiquitous Duck

Jan 16, 2014
KevinHe92 said:
Good on you.

Kinda missing the discussion point or...any point whatsoever here but sounds good.
Sometimes I wish there was a 'like' button on forums, because I really just wanted to express my liking of this comment. But now, I have to put it in some sort of text version... wait ... is that what I'm doing right now... by typing my thoughts?... I'm a genius!

But, yes, Kevin. Liking your comment.

I am currently playing Devil's Attorney. I have only played it briefly and I don't really play a plethora of android/mobile games, but that's my current nugget. It's pretty damn cheap and if I can get past a paywall and not worry about microtransactions, then I.. am a happy bunny.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
alright let's get all these games I play on my phone out in public

Ascension - probably the best online card game on the iOS. You can play with anybody that has it and can make up to 4 people matches. It's really awesome

Zenonia (series) - it's a neat series and up until 4 it was really fun, 5 introduced micro transactions and 6 is an mmo like so I don't know if I'll keep playing them. But up until 4 it might just be the best iOS Zelda clone :D

and... that's pretty much it...

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present a list of fun, interesting mobile games that break many of the stereotypes of what people think of when they think of mobile games

Nihilumbra - A dark platformer with a well written story and interesting mechanics that involve using colors to create environmental effects

Squids/Squids Wild West - Described by The Escapist as a mix of Angry Birds and Final Fantasy Tactics, the Squids series is beautiful, creative, fun, challenging, and one of the most well written stories I've seen in video games in a long time

Knights of Pen & Paper - A fun retro style RPG where you play as both gamer and character in a fierce game of D&D, balancing your stats accordingly

Layton Brothers: Mystery Room - A spin-off of the Professor Layton series that actually plays more like one of the Ace Attorney games. Funny and well written, this game is worth looking int (the first few cases are free then you pay like 5 to unlock the rest of the game, so no reason not to at least check it out)

West Legends - A more action based RPG loosely following Journey to the West. Interesting character designs and a blend of RTS and RPG mechanics

Middle Manager of Justice - You run an office where super heroes are hired to defend the city. Raise your heroes and send them into battles. Simple, but addictive with a charming aesthetic. The game does have IAP, but I've never once had to spend any money on it. The game is pretty fair about letting you play and win without spending a dime.

Detective Grimoire - A charming adventure game by the Super Flash Brothers. I backed this game on Kickstarter and couldn't put it down until I'd cleared it 100%. It's not super long and the puzzles are fairly simple, but the real draw for this one is the aesthetic, writing, and voice acting.

And any of these games brought to us by [adult swim]

Bring Me Sandwiches
Castle DoomBad
Snoticles
Monsters Ate My Condo (or Super Monsters Ate My Condo)

There are a lot more, this was just off the top of my head

DelinquentTurtle

Mar 3, 2012
Does anyone have good suggestions for a turn-based strategy sort of game for Android? Ideally something like a Heroes of Might and Magic but I'm also partial to city simulation type games.

I just want a game which I can pick up and play for a bit but can put down immediately or a short time within reason without needing to save or wait for actions to finish. I'd also prefer something that does not undergo processes while I have it turned off like so many of the strategy/sim games these days where buildings continue being built even after I exit because those actions take like half an hour to finish unless I pay for them.

As for city sim games are there good ones which don't require you to wait mind-numbing amounts of time waiting around. I really don't wanna do a couple of clicks than wait hours for my buildings to finish.

Also, fuck Dungeon Keeper. I was so looking forward to it... Sigh...

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I have an annoying habbit of always having at least one of those games where you can only play for a few minutes before having to waita few hours to recharge on the go...

I wake up and play them... then I will update them when I get home from work, then usually before bed too... It's part of my routine, and I kinda like seeing my progress over the weeks!

At the moment I have been 'playing' (updating) Tiny Death Star (where you build levels of the Death Star as though it is a weird shopping mall/hotel hybrid) and Legends at War. (Where you have a team of humans/monsters and have to level them up and complete quests. You also have to build a town to raise money...)

The Legends at War is actually pretty good for that type of game. It obviously has the 'pay to win' feature that they all have, but I have never felt disadvantaged by not paying. Same with Tiny Death Star. Legends also has a cool guild system where you team up with strangers and contribute to the guild quests and events. This actually works well, and you get some good rewards by being in an active guild. I received 2 high level rare characters in the game yesterday because my guild is doing well in the latest event.

KouDy

Dec 31, 2010
I am surprised that Osmos is not mentioned. One of the best android games out there by a long shot if you ask me.

My second choice is FlowFree. Free to play connecting dots of same color, filling all fields with lines and not crossing any lines. Hundreds of levels and kind of addictive.

Simpsons tapped out. Just to go with the flow of wait to play games. Not so cool, my Springfield looks like dump (because i don't care enough to invest time in making it look good, houses make money without dependance on their location/surroundings :) ).

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Just throwing this out there because it's somewhat relevant to this conversation.

Shin Megami Tensei 1 is being released for iOS devices on March 18th.

This is the first time this title has ever been officially localized in English (there is a patch of the old one, but this one has the improved graphics and gameplay)