iPad: guess what I found?

coldshadow

Mar 19, 2009
you are aware there are other devices that do the same thing right? the "ipad" is nothing revelutionary (I think I misspelt that)

Its just apple doing what they do. taking a peice of tech puting "i" infront of it and selling it for a higer price than it should be. not the ipod was nothing revelutionary when it came out, they just marketed it right and then started improving it in its later generations.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Nickolai77 said:
MONSTERheart said:
snipperoo

....And good dental care!?!? Seriously were you do guys get this impression that the Brit's have bad teeth? Why would we have bad teeth anyway? We don't have to pay to visit the dentist! XD

Oooh, maybe it's just because we know how to make proper chocolate? Or know how to make proper food in general really... :p
Now I'm all for patriotism etc, but you, my good sir, are lying your little arse off. On two counts. The rest f Europe doesn't class our 'chocolate' as such. It's nothing to be proud of. Waaaaaay too much sugar, not enough cocoa. And NHS Dental care is only free until 18... enjoy(!!!) it while you can!!

Nickolai77 said:
Edit: This is the Queen when she is not amused

And the reason she is not amused, is well... it's your fault. She'll have you hung, you mark my words!!

Gorrister

Apr 17, 2009
IckleMissMayhem said:
-snipped-
That may be true, but Cadburys is a thousand times better then the Hersheys stuff they have over there.

Also, our food is badass. Roast dinners, fish and chips, full english. I'd rather swallow my own head than give that up.

OT: iPad- A gimmick that will appeal to those Magpie-consumers because it's shiny.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
metalhead467 said:
Aby_Z said:
Pimppeter2 said:
Damn us Americans hogging all our technologies.

We've had hover cars for years!
And Jet Packs! And rocket boots! I'm not sure why we need both!
Because both are DAMN COOL.

Also to rub it in those Brit's faces.
Its cool. Us Brits have inbreeding and to many knives. We are /totally/ better.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
Aby_Z said:
Pimppeter2 said:

And Jet Packs! And rocket boots! I'm not sure why we need both!
Yes but we (English) have much better accents. That took hundreds of years to develop and we are not exporting them any time soon.

OT: My mother doesn't know about it.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Oh no!
A product I won't ever buy doesn't have a feature I'll never use!
What a horror.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Gorrister said:
IckleMissMayhem said:
-snipped-
That may be true, but Cadburys is a thousand times better then the Hersheys stuff they have over there.

Also, our food is badass. Roast dinners, fish and chips, full english. I'd rather swallow my own head than give that up.

OT: iPad- A gimmick that will appeal to those Magpie-consumers because it's shiny.
1&2 - Agree completely. Although that's not to say that some parts of some other countries' cuisine is equally awesome.

3 - Just like all other apple products, n'est-ce pas?

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
IckleMissMayhem said:
Now I'm all for patriotism etc, but you, my good sir, are lying your little arse off. On two counts. The rest f Europe doesn't class our 'chocolate' as such. It's nothing to be proud of. Waaaaaay too much sugar, not enough cocoa. And NHS Dental care is only free until 18... enjoy(!!!) it while you can!!
As someone already said, Cadbury's. For commerical chocolate it does pretty well and is as tasty if not better than other European commerical brands (in my opinion).

As for dental care, i'm 19 and i still get it free since i'm a student.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Nickolai77 said:
IckleMissMayhem said:
As someone already said, Cadbury's. For commerical chocolate it does pretty well and is as tasty if not better than other European commerical brands (in my opinion).

As for dental care, i'm 19 and i still get it free since i'm a student.
IMO, Cadbury's is vile, but to each their own. As for the dentist, I refused to go since I was 16, owing to quite a few nothing-less-than-traumatic visits previously. - Through no fault of my own, and my teeth are perfectly fine, and give me no trouble, before you lot start haranguing me.

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009
TZer0 said:

Oh, and you'll have a proper PC by having the right one.
WTF!?

No headphone jack!?

Jeez, it looks like Apple can screw up creating a bigger iPod Touch.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Pimppeter2 said:

I'm sure you can import it...

Or wait 2 years...

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I'm an English student myself, so reading is important. I am not in the slightest bit tempted by the idea of a "digital book", even if they did introduce the ibook library thing in the UK. I will always prefer the tactile quality of a book, as well the as the practicality. Plus, a book only costs a tiny fraction of an Ipad.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
I think they made it so featurelesss so they could comb the interwebs getting free ideas, though we're all just saying hte FREAKIN obvious reasons it sucks so hardcore.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
TypeSD said:
DoctorNick said:
I've never understood country-specific licenses and release dates.

Here's an OFFICIAL DoctorNick promise to you all:

If I ever become a media mogul of some sort, regardless of it being movies, games, music, books or whatever, if I'm going to release something in multiple countries it will be available for sale in all of them on THE SAME DAY.

We Australians will love you for this.
Censorship will delay releases in Australia. Sorry pals. "OMG! This could portray violence, let's curb that!"
OT: Other than being a Kindle that can do more(and who can tell what that will be, besides maybe solitaire), I'm expecting to see the IPad fulfill its destiny as a paperweight.