Ipredator disconneting issues, sounds familiar?

flyingviking

Jun 23, 2009
Hi.

Long story short; I can't use any of my games online because I am behind some badass super security firewall hellfirepit provided by the local university, where I am a student. I decided to try the Ipredator service (https://www.ipredator.se/) to get around this problem, and yes, it works like a dream. For five minutes. And then it disconnects, telling me that I should try to reconnect.

Yes, I am using Vista, and yes I followed the Ipredator instructions to the letter.

Yes, I kind of expected it not to work, based on my previous experience with Windows, but hey...

And yes, I have looked everywhere for an answer to this problem, but for the life of me, I can't find a solution. The only thing I can find is people with the same problem.

Does any fellow Ipredator users have any suggestions on how to fix this? Some of my fellow students have managed to make it work perfectly, so it IS possible, but they haven't managed to find a solution to this diconnecting issue.

Any help is appreciated.

LiftYourSkinnyFists

Aug 15, 2009
Firewalls stop you using external connections for a reason; I'd reccomend you read any terms / code of conduct relative to your universities computer and internet services.

flyingviking

Jun 23, 2009
Thank you for your response. I know why the firewall is there, but I fail to see how reading the terms of agreement regarding the internet services provided by the university gets me closer to a solution.

Jory

Dec 16, 2009
Have you spoken to the people in charge of the internet services?

The University I am at can occasionally make allowances for people if they request it.

They might just need to open up ports or something. If you don't ask you don't get.

flyingviking

Jun 23, 2009
Jory said:
Have you spoken to the people in charge of the internet services?

The University I am at can occasionally make allowances for people if they request it.

They might just need to open up ports or something. If you don't ask you don't get.
I'll try.