Iran Sentences Game Developer To Death

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
What an absolutely ridiculous and infuriating situation. I don't even know where to begin.

Blue Hero said:
I've always wondered what it'd be like being executed. Maybe this guy can make a game about it afterwards so I can experience all the fun of execution with none of the death.
... wow.

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
You... you guys know that currently, high-profile Iranians, say, professors and scientists working in the nuclear field...

ARE ACTUALLY BEING MURDERED IN IRAN?
Like, with bombs?

And that industrial sites and research centres...
ARE BEING SABOTAGED AND BLOWN UP?
Like, with bombs?

Like, by the CIA or the Mossad?

Do you people think Iran really does these things for giggles? You people are murdering their top-scientists... but when they arrest a CIA spy, OMG SHITSTORM!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
What? Oh, this is bullshit. Games don't work that way!

*Wonders if this has any connection to the amount of pushing and shoving Iran's gotten from the U.S. about their nuclear power program*

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
TheBelgianGuy said:
You people are murdering their top-scientists... but when they arrest a CIA spy, OMG SHITSTORM!
I really hope you're being sarcastic. First off "you people" is pretty offensive to boot, way to generalize U.S. with a board full of multi-ethnic forum-goers.

Secondly, there is no way to know if he is a Spy or not. Sure it's suspicious that he went over there at such time. But Iran has arrested many people (foreign and not) and gotten "confessions" out of them.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Avae said:
A Former US Marine who has links with the CIA and he skips onto a plane and flies to Iran?

What the heck was he thinking? This is the same as those US campers who ended up hiking into Iran from IRAQ................... Like really, what goes through these peoples heads? This is real life, not a TV show.
The guy had a dual-citizenship for America and Iran and was visiting family. Knowing that I'd say the man's reason for ending up in Iran are better than the hikers, though I personally would not set foot in Iran even if I had both of those, because its government is paranoid as hell and does not care much about human rights.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Well the guy is an Iranian citizen (has a dual-citizenship and he was visiting family. Now personally I don't think it was a smart idea to enter Iran especially if what he did for the CIA is true (I say "if" because the confessions Iran gets out of people seem a tad bit forced to put it mildly). But the plain and simple truth is that people do stupid things, even smart people do stupid things once in a while. There is no limit to the stupidity of mankind.

?Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.?
-Albert Einstein

EclipseoftheDarkSun

Sep 11, 2009
vansau said:
In 2006, CEO Keith Halper admitted that his company worked on training software for the U.S. Army, but never claimed that any other government organization was backing any other projects. Additionally, one of KumaWar episodes the company created was called "Assault on Iran" and required players to infiltrate an Iranian nuclear facility in order to grab evidence of illegal uranium enrichment and sabotage the country's atomic weaponry.
Well, I don't want him to be executed, but it seems strange he'd visit a country that's quite dubious, after making a game episode like that about them...

Kind of like spreading meat paste on your testicles before running through a wildlife park in Africa past some lions.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
What amazes me is that word must have got out that the rest of the world isn't like that, and that people choose to stay there.

I know many people are massively anti immigration, but I think if we just took all the people who didn't want to live under the laws of crazy countries, and gave them all a house and welfare, we'd still be better off that paying for wars with them.

Just take all the decent, non mental people out, and leave all the loonies in Iraq and surrounding countries to hack bits off each other for having a side parting on a Thursday or whatever's the latest holy law this week.

Yes, I'm probably being massively racist, but I put it down to Team America Syndrome, that the more dickish someone is, the more you can get away with mocking them with racist stereotypes, see Kim Jong Il.

when you're stoning women for being raped and the like, I get to find your moustache funny.

May 29, 2011
Kind of sad that some countries are still stupid enough to pull crap like this. This is completely illogical. I have absolutely no idea what they're hoping to accomplish with this other than worsen allready strained relations. These people should not be making decisions for ANYONE, much less a country.

Oh and it's also morally wrong but lets be honest, every single goverment in the world (except mine, because it's perfect) has probably done something as in the last month. We just don't know about it.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010

...Note to self... Don't go to Iran anytime soon...

After all the news I've heard about Iran over the past while I just can't take it seriously anymore! It's like the entire country is a sitcom and every week there just trying to outdo what crazy shit they did last week.

"Oh! What will that CRAZY country do next?"?

Although I will admit, there is some real shit going down there and I imagine this isn't close to the worst thing that's happened/happening there. When is he going to be executed anyways? Is there a date?

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Hang on, isn't this guy a USE CITIZEN? Wouldn't executing him on trumped-up charges be considered akin to an act of war?

You can't just let them get away with this sort of crap. The line must be drawn somewhere and state-sponsored murder of your citizens is WAY beyond that line.