Irish Bookie Pays Out Early on Modern Warfare 2

karmapolizei

Sep 26, 2008
Gildan Bladeborn said:
...Wait, people bet on the relative popularity of Christmas releases? There's my factoid of the day *promptly shuts of knowledge valve*.
That's the Brits - if it exists, they place a bet on it.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
karmapolizei said:
Gildan Bladeborn said:
...Wait, people bet on the relative popularity of Christmas releases? There's my factoid of the day *promptly shuts of knowledge valve*.
Ireland's not part of Britain. The Isle of Great Britain consists of England, Scotland and Wales. The collection of countries known as the United Kingdom consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, with the Republic of Ireland (also known as the EIRE) consisting of the ~5/6ths of the island of Ireland that Northern Ireland (and thus the UK) does not own.

The More You Know

[sub]*secretly wishes he had an Irish accent*[/sub]

karmapolizei

Sep 26, 2008
Amnestic said:
karmapolizei said:
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Ireland's not part of Britain. The Isle of Great Britain consists of England, Scotland and Wales. The collection of countries known as the United Kingdom consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, with the Republic of Ireland (also known as the EIRE) consisting of the ~5/6ths of the island of Ireland that Northern Ireland (and thus the UK) does not own.

The More You Know

[sub]*secretly wishes he had an Irish accent*[/sub]
Woops, sorry. I knew that, I just didn't check the link - I thought that betting on the top-selling title in the U.K. meant that this betting agency was also U.K.-based. My bad. (The "Paddy" might have been a hint, but it didn't help.)

EDIT: Yeah, and reading the first sentence properly might have helped, too.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
How can wii sports resort have better odds than AC2? Thats blasphemy

gRiM_rEaPeRsco

Jun 11, 2008
Paddy Power is my new favourite name ever.

OT: i really dont get why people in britain will bet on anything

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
wooty said:
Probably because Wii Fit and Wii Play top the best-selling console games of all time (OF ALL TIME!) list. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#Top_20_console_games_of_all_time]

It's a fair bet.

Note: Doesn't include packaged games, if you scroll down a tad you'll see that Wii Sports outsells both of them put together.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Amnestic said:
wooty said:
Probably because Wii Fit and Wii Play top the best-selling console games of all time (OF ALL TIME!) list. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#Top_20_console_games_of_all_time]

It's a fair bet.

Note: Doesn't include packaged games, if you scroll down a tad you'll see that Wii Sports outsells both of them put together.
Thats been out a while though, I was on about the christmas sales bet. Would of been damn sure it would have higher odds, especially with it being on 3 systems

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
StigmataDiaboli said:
Sorry but what is Rogue Warrior? No wonder its 150/1 if no one has heard of it! Oh and by the way Escapist; why is every Modern Warfare 2 related news picture that of a pile of dead civilians from that No Russian section. Thats about three stories its been stuck onto now! :)
because that's what will happen when mw2 fails to get most sold

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
MW2 sell the most? What a shock!

The book of sales charts and knowledge pretty much gurantees it top spot this Crimbo.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Wait, Paddy Powers are running video game bets?!
Ill put ?120(euro) on mw2.

EDIT: why is the euro sign a question mark??

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Ninjamedic said:
Wait, Paddy Powers are running video game bets?!
Ill put ?120(euro) on mw2.

EDIT: why is the euro sign a question mark??
? It's not?