Irish SOPA law has passed today

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
Cool.
Sorry if it turns out badly Ireland but now we get to see what effect if any this law ends up having on legitimate internet use/users.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Abandon4093 said:
xXTheParadoxXx said:
In Ireland we get lectured on Ireland by American tourists who think they are more Irish than us
It always makes me laugh when you watch an American TV show or film. And someone with a pronounced American accent refers to themselves as Irish because someone in their family about 5 generations back was Irish.

Suppose that makes me an Irish Viking that may or may not have had relatives in the Royal family... Even though I was actually born in Manchester and have never been to either Ireland or anywhere in Scandinavia. I'd also sooner piss on the queen than talk to her.

Awesome.

FalloutJack said:
Why do people who come to America call themselves American? 'Because you live there' is really less of a reason than genetic traits, family, or history. Even still, I don't call out people for THAT, so you can let this one slide.
Actually where you live is far more of a deciding factor in something like Nationality than your genetic gunk.

You don't live in nor were you born in Ireland, you're not Irish. That's just something you're going to have to live with.
Well, that's just too freakin' bad, because you don't get to decide. Now, You are - by the by - way off topic with this. Both of you. Suggest you get back to the business at hand.