This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I don't even consume soft drinks. >_>

I used to though and I would drink a So.Cali nostalgia-rific favorite:

Dec 14, 2009
Brutal Peanut said:

If it's not made of cactus, then it's not nearly as manly as Irn bru.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
hey! I know what Irn Bru is! (and Im australian)

I first saw it in the internation section of the grocery store (its can design was...unique) my brother mentioned a scottish girl he knew couldnt find it

I got some and it tasted relaly cool (fruity kind of)....I then bought a whole lot and too k it home for christmas

they were all lined up on t ekitchen bench and when my mum came in I told her it was a sample set from some drug trial I was on..on of the thoe super drinks, she looked horrifed

gee666

One Sad Act
Nov 10, 2009
Only Doogan is a true folower of the Bru

For god decreed only Glass was a suitable vesel to contain his mighty juice

saying that I have a plastic 2 ltr bottle on hand at the moment,

I feel the need for a jihad,we shall not rest till Irn Bru is the number 1 drink the world over

TheVioletBandit

Oct 2, 2011
My personal vote as to what may classify as God nectar is this:

And if that's his nectar then his blood must be the color purple:

Dec 14, 2009
TheVioletBandit said:

Drinks flavoured like fruit?

How very...

Quaint.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Brutal Peanut said:

I'm not sure if any drink made out of cactus counts as manly anyway; the spikes are removed, and they all wind up tasting like aloe vera smells. Although there is something to say about tequila, which is that, but alcoholic...

TheVioletBandit

Oct 2, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
TheVioletBandit said:

How very...

Quaint.
Yeah, the bottle says orange and grape, but it's really more like orange and purple. They don't taste like real fruit, they taste like what fruit wishes it tasted like.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Brutal Peanut said:

*Tries to hide tears* It must be true,....

Dec 14, 2009
TheVioletBandit said:
Daystar Clarion said:
TheVioletBandit said:

How very...

Quaint.
Yeah, the bottle says orange and grape, but it's really more like orange and purple. They don't taste like real fruit, they taste like what fruit wishes it tasted like.
Irn Bru is water in it's prefered state.

bobmd13

Mar 28, 2010
Iron Bru is amazing stuff.

A small company can hold off Coca Cola and have the only soft drink in the world to outsell Coke in its terrority deserves all the support it can get .

I recently picked up a bottle of the fiery iron bru limited edition and it is scary. I think someone at Barrs had the bright idea of blending a scotch bonnet pepper and adding one or two to a bottle :)

But you missed a few classic ads btw.

Granny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdDhW9Lwepc

Walk in the Countryside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPCb9svdhfw

This may have already been listed if so, sorry

we also have
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrnBhY9h4qM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwwpgmrMK6E&feature=related

and a final link slightly off topic but shows the scots sense of humour.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY8YeLErbEg&feature=related

enjoy

Oro44

Jan 28, 2009
I've always wanted to try Irn Bru, but as an American, it's hard to come by. For now, I will stick to my black coffee. Black as death, strong enough to float an iron wedge and free of any lacteal adulteration.

TheVioletBandit

Oct 2, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
TheVioletBandit said:
Daystar Clarion said:
TheVioletBandit said:

How very...

Quaint.
Irn Bru is water in it's prefered state.

I think I can prove to you the superiority of Orange crush.

"Orange crush is considered by many peoples as the ultimate soft drink? Rumors abound that the soft drink is so good it had gained interstellar popularity amongst many of our cosmic neighbors Some of which have strong feelings against the people of the Earth. Namely the Corvons. Who had over the years constructed a massive armada of ships to lay waste to Earth due to the never ending radio and television transmissions. ?

Unknown of course to humans. The Corvons home planet was directly in the path of several quasars and other stellar phenomena that has an amplifying effect upon radio transmissions. As a result The Corvons home planet was bombarded with the constant boring low quality television and radio programming of 10s,20s,30,40s, 50s.,60s and now the 80s.That is because of course. Radio waves take many years to travel the vast distances of space. For example: the light you see from the sun takes 8 minutes 33 and 1/3 secs to reach our planet. The light seen from stars at night can be millions and billions of years in the past. Thus the light we see today from Corvo is the light of 1985 and vise versa ? Since the two systems are relatively close. ?This of course conveys the shear vastness of space. Space is huge?It's incredibly huge?You just don?t know how massive space really is?

Moving right along. It is said that the Corvons developed a severe disgust for mankind. In fact. It is said that the straw the broke the camels proverbial back was in fact the Lucy show in the 1960?s And the show ?My three sons? which were among the primary televised series that infuriated their entire race. Furthermore. It is said that in the Corvo language the words ?Ricki I yi yi and lucy ? can be approximated in the Corvo language to ? We will conquer your world, plunder your riches and impregnate your females? ?

A scout ship had been sent 3 weeks before the scheduled attack. The ship had developed a coolant system problem and the crew landed in the middle of the Mojave desert ?The repair was made but coolant was needed for their warp drive system. Since the Corvons looked sufficiently enough like humans so long as they wore loose clothes and avoided attention to their height and made no mention of their genitals or size thereof, They were able to obtain enough anti-freeze to cool their engines. But one of their members while scouting for supplies to repair the ship, having mistaken the beverage ?orange crush? for coolant promptly Teleported several hundred cases of the stuff into their ships cargo hold. It should be noted at this point that after the Corvons got a look at humans. They determined that the words ?ricki I yi yi and lucy ? (which meant loosely in their tongue ?we will conquer your world, plunder your riches and impregnate your females? and so forth) must have been a joke. After all. How could these humans expect to compete with their race with genitals that small? Needless to say. Angst was soon replace by amusement and soon everyone from the scout ship to the home world was soon having a big laugh and a sigh of relife ?Thus human sexually became one of the many common jokes of the galaxy. But that is another story?

When the scout ship returned to their home planet. It was discovered by one of their crew that orange crush was the best thing she had ever tasted next to poisonous stinger of the giant bog beetles of Netas 4. But unlike the stingers of the giant bog beetles of Netas 4 there was a 100% probability that after ingesting the Orange crush. One would continue living. As opposed to the 76% probability that the ingestion of the other would in later hours of the day inflict massive painful bloated death? Well; this was considered to be a major find. And the officials of the government soon realized that despite the earth people?s bad television programming and very small genitals. They had indeed made perhaps one of the most important contributions to the universe .It was later considered by the Corvo peoples that having to put up with horrible televised broadcast day and night was a small price to pay given that they had gained so much ?However some of their peoples asked the question ? why not simply destroy their planet anyway? We have the formula to produce orange crush. Why not simply put an end to them and be done with this?? Luckily for the Earth that their government felt otherwise Thus Earth would be spared?And only a small commando team was dispatched to take out quite a few syndication companies, advertising executives and networks Instead. In addition Earth now has quite a few improvements to the quality and technology of it's radio and television in addition to Corvon agents who run quite a few networks insuring better tv for all including humans despite their short ...span of attention."

True story.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Another one of these "MY FOOD IS BETTER THAN YOUR FOOD" threads. And brits no doubt, go figure *rolls eyes* They have the silliest idea of good food...

It doesn't look or sound to appetizing to me to be honest, and I doubt it would taste as mind-blowingly amazing as you say it would to convince myself to pay extra to get some as opposed to any other beverage I can easily obtain. Its probably just a locational thing that people where its from go 'ITS THE BEST EVER' and everyone else goes 'meh.'

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Don Savik said:
Another one of these "MY FOOD IS BETTER THAN YOUR FOOD" threads. And brits no doubt, go figure *rolls eyes* They have the silliest idea of good food...
Says the man from the country that invented the Double Down ;)

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Hazy992 said:
Don Savik said:
Says the man from the country that invented the Double Down ;)
Hey, we might die young and fat, but eating a meat sandwich made by the Colonel is worth every clogged artery.

bobmd13

Mar 28, 2010
Never mind the crimes against humanity that America has inflicted upon cheese.

I mean a country that invents cheese in a can,cant be good :)