Is a PS3 worth it?

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Grotch Willis said:
You have a PS2, 360 and a Wii, why on earth would you need a ps3? you spoiled little urchin. Be happy with what you have because its more than most.
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that I was asking for moral advice from someone who knows nothing of my situation or lively hood aside from the fact that I own 2 consoles and have access to a third. I wouldn't say I'm spoiled, I would say that I am a video game enthusiasts though. Ever since the age of 10 I've been finding ways to earn money to fund my love of video games. I've been balancing work/school/and relations since I was 13 years old, maintaining a constant 3.8-4.0 GPA average while also working a Part Time job. I would also make sure I had the time to have fun with friends and would make an effort to support them in their acting/band and other endeavors. I would think I've lived a fairly balanced life and have worked more then most people throughout my childhood and into my adult years. But obviously saving my money and buying a PS2 when I was 15, saving my money to buy a Wii when I was 18, and wanting to get a PS3 now that I'm 21 means that I'm a spoiled brat. Heaven forbid I have a little fun with my life.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
kyosai7 said:
GeorgW said:
I'd definitely recommend it. I was a late adopter as well, but now I love it much more than my 360. I simply like the exclusives more.
kyosai7 said:
I'm thinking about it. The main games I'm interested in are the various jRPGs like Hyperdimension Neptunia, and White Knight Chronicles. That, and the PSN for PS1 games (although I have a PSP, just need a bigger card.) and as a Blu-Ray Player. I have a PSN account, is the Welcome Back program still going?

Just as a note, I have a Wii, 360, and a gaming PC.
As far as I've understood it, and I haven't, the free 30 days of plus has expired, but the free games are still available, but won't be much longer.
The free games are what I wanted, thanks! I might just get the solo $250 console, and get Infamous 2 later on if it's cheap enough. I figure if I wind up not liking Infamous (which I'd get from the WB program) then I wouldn't bother with 2. I really liked Prototype on my PC, though, so I don't know why I wouldn't like Infamous. Still.
Fair warning, I'm not sure when exactly it expires, but it's very soon, if not a few days ago, so don't base your decision on this without doing further research. inFAMOUS 1 is better than the second one IMO, if you want my extremely skewed view on the second one, feel free to read my review of it. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.296612-Hypnotic-reviews-inFAMOUS-2]

pulse2

May 10, 2008
Defo, people say its only exclusives, but the exclusives make the difference if you care enough about them, as for the console itself, other then online which isn't on par with XBL, granted, its perfect, there is nothing wrong with it. PSN may not be an XBL, but its not so bad that its a "put off" factor. If anything its a minor thing.

If you have the cash, go right ahead, PS3 was one of the best purchases I made :D

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
Absolutely. I use mine as a media centre as well, although with the magic of WiFi I don't even need to have hard drives hooked up to it. I'm not sure what equivalent services US punters get, but in the UK we get LoveFilm and a bunch of TV stations (BBC, ITV and C4) who stream their "on demand" services direct to PS3, and there's a bunch of other music and TV related stuff on it. Blu-Ray is sweet also.

Oh, I also play the occasional awesome game on it too.

It was also the reason I shelled out on a big HD TV though, so it ended up costing me more than the price of the console, but well worth it I reckon!

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Yeah, just looked it up. Welcome Back is over. Oh well. Still, debating between a PS3 and a 3DS atm... Probably get the PS3, since I haven't really touched my portables in a long time.

Manchubot

Sep 9, 2010
Comes down to a few things being what sort of genres you like. I came to the same crossroads bought one and me personally liking to play rpgs and JRPGs I was really happy with it and eventually sold my xbox 360 overwhelmed with dust at that point. A lot of popular games get multi platform releases and I never liked Fable never understood what was so much fun about gears of way having owned 1 and played the last half of 2 at a friends house and never cared much for first person shooters which the 360 is well (might I say best) suited for compared to the PS3. That being said the RPG line up was vaster and more full for the PS3 so I felt pretty fulfilled by it so it comes down to preference.