Is anyone else being bombarded with badges?!

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
New badges are cool!
10 ZP
2 Facebook
11 Extra Credits
To my knowledge at least

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
Yes, it's rather frustrating to do all of the clicky-nonsense to clear my inbox.

As for the reason, I believe it's because they're doing badges for some of the series that didn't have any of their own.

SoloStoffe

Apr 2, 2010
ZP and EC both started making badges, and since you've already met their requirements, you get the badges right away.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Extra Credit and Zero Punctuation got badges on there videos and if you have seen all of the currently posted ones you would have received; 14 badges (so far)
TimeLord said:
Hmm sure I only got like 5 of them, yet I have seen all the videos, guess it got something to do with commenting on them, no?

Yoh3333

Feb 7, 2011
Yup, it's a new batch o' them good ol' badges!
I haven't gotten that many, a couple from Extra Credits and ZP but nothing else.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Yup, got a load of Extra Credits ones (about 6) earlier all at once. A few days ago I got quite a remarkable amount of Zero Punctuation ones despite the fact that I haven't watched it in months.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
Well, way back in the day pretty much every show except ZP got badges, I guess to incentivize watching some of the other material the site had to offer. It woul seem they decided it was time to give ZP, as well as some of the shows that have been added since then, badges as well.

Personally speaking, I think it's kind of silly to give us badges just for watching videos, but it's not like it hurts anything.

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
Yeah.

And some don't even make sense. Not talking about one's like "Conditioned" but ones where I don't think I actually fulfilled the requisites.

I just got the badge "Synergy" which says that I watched an episode of The Big Picture after Choice and Conflict. I don't think that is actually true as I have only watched the first episode of The Big Picture and haven't watched another since.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
First thing that popped to mind when I saw it was. (I must really have ticked someone on Religions and Politics forums off)

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
just 7 or 8 ZP badges a few days ago. that was it. other than ZP and the odd Movie Bob i don't watch many other vids.

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
It's cause we're all so gosh darn great and we deserve badges for our greatness.
About damn time we were awarded stuff for some reason, if you ask me.

Also, I appreciate the greenery of everyone's profile ala EC badges. I hope nobody ever wins anything again because of that.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
AHHHHHHHH too many badges!!!

I keep thinking people are responding to my clever witty posts but it's just another Extra Credits badge.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
syrus27 said:
TimeLord said:
New badges are cool!
10 ZP
2 Facebook
11 Extra Credits
To my knowledge at least
I've seen every ZP and every Extra Crdit but havnt got a single badge.... what gives?
kebab4you said:
Extra Credit and Zero Punctuation got badges on there videos and if you have seen all of the currently posted ones you would have received; 14 badges (so far)
TimeLord said:
Hmm sure I only got like 5 of them, yet I have seen all the videos, guess it got something to do with commenting on them, no?
Try asking these guys [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Tech-Team]

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah...most recently I one called "vox populi". That had me excited for a bit...I mean, presumably that's Latin for "voice of the people", that has to be something cool.

You get that once you comment on an extra credits video.

[small]I sorta wonder if they'd still have given me one if I'd just said "first" 30 seconds after it was put up. Suspension and badge for the same post.[/small]

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
Mikeyfell said:
I keep thinking people are responding to my clever witty posts but it's just another Extra Credits badge.
AHA! When you least expect it, someone did respond to your clever witty post, ambushing your inbox! bleheheh