is anyone else playing as a Khajiit in Skyrim?!

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
I play a Dark Elf erm...guess I'd have to call him a 'spellthief'. I dual wield daggers for sneaking and sometimes group combat but when shit really hits the fan destruction magic comes in.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Zenn3k said:
Chrono212 said:
Zenn3k said:
Chrono212 said:
Zenn3k said:
steelserenity said:
'Cause honestly, I'm starting to feel like the only one!!

Yeah, maybe they don't have some kick-ass crazy fire abilities like Dark elves do, and they made be a little out-of-the-ordinary for people who usually just play Nord, but c'mon!! They're really awesome to make an Assassin or a Thief with! Is there honestly anyone else?? I'd really like to hear a little love towards the Khajiit right now lol!

So Escapist members, tell me; is there any one out there playing as a Khajiit? What stats are you building up? Also, if you're not, what's your reason for not wanting to? Do you find other races cooler, or do you just really hate cats?? I'm curious, let me know! :)

Personally, I made a female Khajiit named Yhünna Khi'ul, and building her towards a kind of Assassin archetype, what's everyone else making??

Thanks! :)
I just made a female cat thief/assassin last night.

Not a fan of the "pain noises" she makes, but otherwise, I like the character. The night vision thing should IMO be an always-on ability though. Stupid that you have to trigger it, it only lasts a minute, and it can only be used once a day (especially when 12 hours of the day it serves no purpose).

Even more-so when you consider how bad the unarmed ability is.

So they have TWO bad racial's...kinda dumb.
If you hot key/favorate it you can just turn it on again as soon as it expires.
It's what I do.

OP: Khajiit and proud.
I'm trying just to earn enough to get somewhere to dump my stuff and focus on getting better at sneaking and assassinating.
How useful is the dagger?
A: I'm on console, so not hotkeys :(

B: Its a once per day ability...you can't do that...right...??
I'm on the Xbox. Press up on the d-pad and it'll come up with favorate spells. If night vision isn't in there already just fiddle about in menus to make it a favorate.
Honestly, I just hit the Right Bumper and it works, every time.
Awesome, you're totally right.

I could have sworn I read in the game that it was once per day. Thanks.
Now you can creep to your hearts content! C:

Isaac_GS

Nov 18, 2011
TriGGeR_HaPPy said:
Once I get Skyrim for christmas, I'll be playing one. ^_^

EDIT: Not OT but still related to Skyrim... Is there any way to become a good fist-fighter in Skyrim now that they've removed the unarmed skill that was in previous Elder Scrolls games?
I'm pretty sure that IS relevant to the topic. You see, Khajiit have claws, which give them an automatic 15 points of extra damage in unarmed combat. As for the skill, hold on while I check my perk tree in-game... well damn, no unarmed, no hand to hand. Once you get the game, I'd suggest punching people and see what stats go up. Probably one-handed, but it's worth a try.

I'm loading my khajiit sorceress character and will punch people to let you know. UPDATE: Three guards and one civilian death later, I'm sorry to say no stats went up. I hear there are some gloves that boost unarmed damage further though, so keep an eye out for those.

AppleShrapnel

Jan 2, 2010
I've a level 31 Khajiit that kinda encompasses all three disciplines; she sneaks around a lot, is good with locks, wears heavy armor and wields a bound battleaxe into battle... along side an atronach. :3

Khajiit really seem to get the shaft in Skyrim. I've only come across a few of them as bandits (and I loathe killing them :< ), and then there's those two wandering trader caravans that you have to kind of luck out on finding, and... honestly I think I've seen more dead Khajiit populating dungeon floors than live ones. :|

Sad example; cutting my way through one of the many bandit infested forts, I came across a slain Khajiit couple heaped on top of their little cart... I paused a moment and made a sad face. Worse yet, that hidden den (Pinewatch, I think) houses 4 dead Khajiit in a spike-filled pit.

There aren't quite as many Argonians, but they're generally more, well... alive. >.>

Anyhoo, I hope we go to Elsweyr next. This one yearns for the warm sands of home. >^w^<

steelserenity

Jul 21, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
steelserenity said:
and they made be a little out-of-the-ordinary for people who usually just play Nord
As a proud ambassador of the Nord race, I resent this comment. I played Nord in all 4 Elder Scrolls games before Skyrim was announced, and for some reason my guy's being painted as the stereotypical character for people with no imagination D:

And come on, if we're going boring, then talk about Imperials - or worse, Bretons. Nords deserve better!
lol I guess I see your point! I really didn't intend any animosity with this comment,
I was just using it for an example, as the non-Human races tend to be a little too weird for some people!
Sorry if I offended you! You should be proud for sticking up for your race! ;)

steelserenity

Jul 21, 2011
AngloDoom said:
I didn't want to play as a Khajiit as I wanted to be a werewolf. A werewolf-cat just sits all wrong in my mind: it's the exact same reason I'm staying clear of Argonian's once I get the game until another playthrough, and then when I do want to stealth it up, I love the idea of an Argonian Shadowscale more than a psychopath Khajiit, so Khajiit will get no love this time.

Don't get me wrong, my first guy in Oblivion was Khajiit, I'd just prefer to be something vaguely human for my first playthrough.
I know what you mean about the "all kinda wrong" stuff.
That's why I can't have my Khajiit ride a horse... I don't know it just weirds me out! :S

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
yup yup. I like the idea that i'm considered the chosen one in an arctic wilderness full of tall white guys that treat my kind like gypsies. its like being in nazi germany and finding out the one person that can save the world is a jew.

plus i've alway liked how the khajiit talk. when ever they say "may you walk on warm sand" it makes me smile. plus i find it halarious to try and talk in character while playing the game with friends around. "Khajiit is thirsty, get us a soda or we will nick your stuff"

steelserenity

Jul 21, 2011
Wakikifudge said:
steelserenity said:
'Cause honestly, I'm starting to feel like the only one!!

Yeah, maybe they don't have some kick-ass crazy fire abilities like Dark elves do, and they made be a little out-of-the-ordinary for people who usually just play Nord, but c'mon!! They're really awesome to make an Assassin or a Thief with! Is there honestly anyone else?? I'd really like to hear a little love towards the Khajiit right now lol!

So Escapist members, tell me; is there any one out there playing as a Khajiit? What stats are you building up? Also, if you're not, what's your reason for not wanting to? Do you find other races cooler, or do you just really hate cats?? I'm curious, let me know! :)

Personally, I made a female Khajiit named Yhünna Khi'ul, and building her towards a kind of Assassin archetype, what's everyone else making??

Thanks! :)
My next character is going to be a Khajiit werewolf. Also, I think they have the best sounding dragon shouts.
I totally agree! They have the coolest shouts, I love them.
And there's really just something awesome about seeing a cat beat the crap out of a dragon...

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I've been planning on it since I first got the game. I started out with an altmer mage, but my next character is going to be a khajiit sneak.

To be honest, I'm really disappointed at the lack of khajiit in this game in general. Them and orcs. I think I've seen like three of each and I'm already a week into this game.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Im playing a khajit

decided to make it a warrior-blacksmith for some reason... I realize theyre supposed to be more of a sneaky race, but there's something about a tiger in full plate that just seems bad ass to me.

oh and I named him after my cat : 3

<3 chessy

predatorpulse7

Jun 9, 2011
I'm a level 33 khajit and I'm a sneaky bastard. Being a big fan of the Thief series, I decided to do a mostly thief build and I'll only say this: high sneak level + backstab amplifier with daggers = AWESOME.

And I'll probably throw my lot in with the stormcloaks purely cause they don't want me there. LAWL.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
I guess one of the better questions now will become, who is going to play Orc. In Oblivion they we're FUGLY and..really but here they are Bad Ass!

I might try my hand at it..

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
Instead of writing a long explanation of why I play a khajiit and why I'm not a furry, I'll let this 9gag picture explain it for me:

OpticalJunction

Jul 1, 2011
You're not the only one, I'm playing a bad ass Khajiit mage, with the robes and all. Love him :) He's also deadly with a bow and arrow.

On a side note how cool is it that skyrim still offers khajiits and orcs, even though fewer people play them? With the trend towards streamlining I'm seriously surprised they didn't just write them off.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
I guess someone played as a Conjurer, because this is one raised corpse.

And by that I mean necro!
But OT: I too play as the GODDAMN CATMAN!