Is Blizzard Remastering Its Classic Games Catalog?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Synigma said:
What if... and follow me on this one... what if this is the first step to bring the old Warcraft 3 back into the limelight, after so many years of WoW, so they can announce Warcraft 4 and not have people get it confused with some kind of WoW expansion? Might even tie it in with the movie release or as sequel bait assuming (WHEN) the movie does good.
We can always dream!!!

This sounds great, Warcraft III was one of the games to get me into gamin and I haven't played 1 or 2, so those would be nice to try out :D

Kahani

May 25, 2011
RicoADF said:
I would assume its some sort of remaster as my copies of WC3, Starcraft etc all run on Windows 7 fine.
I was going to say that as well, but the article does mention battle.net, so possibly the issues are with Blizzard's end of the multiplayer rather than simply with players being able to run the game at all.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Alar said:
I really really, really really, REALLY REALLY hope so.

And I hope they go back all the way to WC1 and WC2 as well. It would be so worth it for remastered versions, by god. I'd buy every last one of them in Collector's Edition.
I second this. I'd love to see an updated WC1 and 2. Hell I'd even be happy if they remade them in WC3's engine.
A group of fans planned on doing that, but the project took so long and they had so few members that it never really happened.