Is Brütal Legend Headed to the Wii?

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Is Brütal Legend Headed to the Wii?

Rumors persist that Double Fine Productions [http://www.brutallegend.com/home.action] may not be making it.

Brütal Legend, Tim Schafer's heavy metal adventure, is currently in development for the 1Up [http://www.xbox.com], who asked Schafer about it when they interviewed him roughly a month later.

His response was telling. Instead of confirming or denying the story, he asked his public relations representative how he should answer the question before replying, "We are making an Xbox 360 and a PS3 version of Brütal Legend." It's not the sort of response one would expect to such a simple question, unless the truth is a Closely Guarded Secret.

Taking the matter even further, the Cut Scene [http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scene/2009/04/brutal-legend-is-coming-to-the-wii-double-fines-not-making-it.html] reports that Schafer was telling the truth, "just not the whole truth." According to the site, Double Fine is making the game for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 while EA is contracting the Wii version out to another studio entirely, although who that is remains unknown. The alleged Wii version of the game went into development only recently, and so most likely won't be released until well after the 360/PS3 versions.

Whether it's a direct translation of the game or a Wii-specific version similar to commitment [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/89534] to increased development for the Wii, and the awkward silences from Schafer and EA, which refused to comment on the report, aren't going to make this rumor go away.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
Shapsters said:
This game looks ridiculous!
Ridiculously awesome. Sure it may not have a very original storyline, but from the looks of the game it doesn't take itself seriously.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Shapsters said:
Ridiculously awesome. Sure it may not have a very original storyline, but from the looks of the game it doesn't take itself seriously.
Oh no, I did not in any way mean ridiculous being bad! I mean it in the way they want the game to be. It looks crazy, and ridiculous.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
Shapsters said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Shapsters said:
Oh no, I did not in any way mean ridiculous being bad! I mean it in the way they want the game to be. It looks crazy, and ridiculous.
Oh fair does then. I am so psyched for this game. I mean who hasn't thought of a game where guitar solos can be used as weapons? Plus nobody but Jack Black could play the main character well.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Cheap port. Next!

EDIT: Actually, if it's the same diologue and story it's going to be as awesome. It what Tim Schafers games are best at and the main reason to buy one, which is extremely rare.

ckeymel

Jun 24, 2008
Is there a release date on this yet? I cannot wait for this game to come out. Now now now please!

ProjectileVomit

Jan 18, 2008
If the Wii version is not devloped by Tim Schafer, it's not Brutal Legend at all. The game should be called...CASUAL Legend.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Shapsters said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Shapsters said:
Tricky wording, kinda like "Is the shit" does not mean the same as "Is shit."

Dunno what to think about the port. I'm gonna go with SomeBritishDude's opinion, while adding "I hope they have responsible controls, or at least GC controller compatibility."

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
I think this game looks cool, but as a wii owner i also fear that it's gonna be a cheap port.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
notoriouslynx said:
What is even this game? A hack and slah beat em up? A music game? A racing game? I'm afraid of buying this game but yet I need to.
It's probably none of them and all. It looks like it's going to be a ***** to categorize.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Just realised that the guitar hero guitar for the wii actually has the wii-mote inserted into it, which would enable you to use your guitar for killing solos (played like GH) AND as your weapon (swing guitar the who-style)
This has potential (unrealistic i know) to be the most awesome wii game evah!