Is Bruce Wayne a Furry?

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
This question came about by re-reading one of the more questionable web comics "The Non-Adventures of Wonderella".

Specifically this one:

So...We all know Bruce Wayne loves to do his "thing" in his bat cave...

Seriously: How is Batman not a Furry?

OFFICIAL EDIT: Not that's there's anything wrong with being a Furry. ^_^

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yes. He totally is.

Mind you, he's a super-rich furry, that has lots of cool furry friends to hang out with who stick with him no matter how annoying he is, and he has sex with various very attractive lady furries a lot. That gives people an unrealistic idea of what being a furry is going to be like. Well, that and fighting the clowns.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I would say no, because most furries tend to be gay, most furries tend to be wolves/foxes (or some canine variant), and isn't the whole thing about furries that they love hugging? Yeah.. Bruce doesn't seem like a hugger to me.

He could be the odd one out, who knows. Maybe if he made his suit fluffier and put some big cartoon eyes on his cowl. Wait, does that mean he would also section his Batcave off into the Hugcave and Fuckcave?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Wouldn't that make any superhero that appropriates a creature for their alter ego a "furry"? Unless they're a bug or a reptile? Then it would be a "scaly"? Or "exoskeletony"? *Shivers*

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Is Superman a humie? I mean, he dresses up as a human and likes to run around pretending to be one, and even likes to have sex with humans! That's the real question...

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
He isn't trying to be a bat, or even to act like a bat. Kinda of an important difference there.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Does that make Black Panther a furry? Spider Man, Ant Man, Wolverine, Squirrel Girl? The entire Spider-Man rogues gallery? Every superhero with an animal name or theme would be a furry by that (weak) rationale.

Apr 17, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Does that make Black Panther a furry? Spider Man, Ant Man, Wolverine, Squirrel Girl? The entire Spider-Man rogues gallery? Every superhero with an animal name or theme would be a furry by that (weak) rationale.
But what about Bwana Beast?

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Batman has some vague bat theming as his gimmick, in that everything he uses has 'bat' in the name or has some spikes that look like bat wings but he isn't a "furry" in that he doesn't dress up as an anthropomorphized bat.

Johnny Novgorod said:
Spider-man, Ant-Man and Wolverine look nothing like the animals they're supposed to be named after so that's out. In fact Ant-man isn't really themed around ants so much as shrinking and wolverines aren't yellow and blue, so. Squirrel Girl is not so much a furry so much as an animal-eared girl (I think cat ear girls are the most popular but presumably there are other animal versions). Black Panther looks the closest to an actual furry suit and there is some ties to actually becoming some kind of supernatural panther in spirit so that might be closest to real world furries.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Xsjadoblayde said:
Wouldn't that make any superhero that appropriates a creature for their alter ego a "furry"? Unless they're a bug or a reptile? Then it would be a "scaly"? Or "exoskeletony"? *Shivers*
Does it count if you're a human mutate, mutant, or otherwise have gained the characteristics of an animal? Like, Spider-Man comes immediately to mind.

It gets fuzzier (no pun intended) with guys like Wolverine, who have an animal persona not directly related to their powers (Badger Man), but Squirrel Girl has squirrel features with or without her costume, Spider-Man...sort of has spider-powers, etc. And what about animals turned into humans, like Wolverine was originally going to be?

I think the important lesson here is comics...are...WEEEEEEIRD

09philj said:
Nooo, he's a rubber fetishist.
Can't he be oth?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I mean in the same way Wonder Woman is a dominatrix. I mean hyper aggressive, dominating woman in high heels using a lasso to tie men up and force them to confess? Kinda' a wonder she's not in black leather

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Silentpony said:
I mean in the same way Wonder Woman is a dominatrix. I mean hyper aggressive, dominating woman in high heels using a lasso to tie men up and force them to confess? Kinda' a wonder she's not in black leather
...Except Wonder Woman was infact a bondage hero, as her creator was super into S&M and had a polyamorous relationship with two women.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Saelune said:
Silentpony said:
...Except Wonder Woman was infact a bondage hero, as her creator was super into S&M and had a polyamorous relationship with two women.
But she's not commonly associated with that. She's a super powered woman who happens to use a rope, not a S&M dominatrix who happens to be a hero.

In the same way the original Batman was more a private detective who used a gun and killed people, the modern adaptation of Batman has changed. So even if the creators intended him to be an otherkin, modern era has him less a furry and more a man who dresses up as the one thing he fears because he wants his enemies to share his fear, ie he's afraid of bats, they're afraid of Batman. The fact it happens to be bats is sorta irrelevant. It could be spoons, cats, mice, sheep, shoes or the color yellow and it's be the same character.

My point being Wonder Woman may have been created as and continues to dress as a dominatrix, but she's not. In the same light Batman isn't actually a furry.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Silentpony said:
Saelune said:
Silentpony said:
But she's not commonly associated with that. She's a super powered woman who happens to use a rope, not a S&M dominatrix who happens to be a hero.

In the same way the original Batman was more a private detective who used a gun and killed people, the modern adaptation of Batman has changed. So even if the creators intended him to be an otherkin, modern era has him less a furry and more a man who dresses up as the one thing he fears because he wants his enemies to share his fear, ie he's afraid of bats, they're afraid of Batman. The fact it happens to be bats is sorta irrelevant. It could be spoons, cats, mice, sheep, shoes or the color yellow and it's be the same character.

My point being Wonder Woman may have been created as and continues to dress as a dominatrix, but she's not. In the same light Batman isn't actually a furry.
Well, I don't think Basement Cat is being serious here. If they are, then yes, it is an absurd notion, but that is why my first post was mocking Superman's obsession with humans when he is not one.