Is Dark Souls on Xbox 360 any good?

akfg666

Dec 9, 2010
So I've been looking at this game for a while now and reviewers and game play videos can't seem to make up their minds about this game. I've found it for about £20 online so is it worth getting?

And yes I know you die...A LOT!

So what do you think fellow escpaists? To buy or not to buy?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Fantastic. So long as you're patient and keep your shield up it isn't too difficult either.
Go get it!

XUnsafeNormalX

Mar 26, 2009
If you want a truly challenging experience that gives you that sense of accomplishment for beating an area or defeating a boss then you'll be interested. I would recommend using online guides for the weapon and armor upgrade system as it's better to have a good weapon/armor set in mind when creating a character than just winging it as you go You'll be spending some time at http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/ for help in this matter.

Also a tip for the game. Be patient; many of my deaths were related to being too aggressive in one form or another. Many of the clever little traps that are set up for you are to catch overaggressive players.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Well looks like the occasional terrible frame rate issues got fixed after the patch so there's no technical problems anymore (probably)

So the real question is: Can you deal with bullshit checkpoints?

Yes, yes the combat is good and all that but can you deal with being stuck on the same area with the same enemy placements and the same attack patterns every damn time? Cuz that's what you'll be doing 90% of the time. Retreading the same crap before you push through into a new area (which you'll be retreading later.)

If yes then cool £20 is a really good deal. If no £20 is still a good deal but you might quit after the first few hours...

zombieshark6666

Sep 27, 2011
One area has pretty bad slowdown, there are camera and lock-on issues sometimes and there can be an agonizingly long delay on button presses when you get further into the game. Other than that, it's one of the best games I've ever played.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Yes as long as you dont mind retreading ground a few times before making progress...