Is Erin Dies Alone Dead?

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
Does anyone know what's happening with Erin Dies Alone? They're website says they updavte Monday, and Thursday, but I think i've seen two updates in the last two months? Pretty big fan of Erin Dies Alone, but right now can't be bothered having to wait so long to read a single page.

Any other good webcomics people can recommend?

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Sadly the Escapist let them go a little while ago. Cory the artist has a day job now and the writer Grey when through a bit of a slump. He's pretty open about it on twitter. They'll be back I'm sure, I've always really liked their stuff.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
As Dr Susse has said, the Escapist let them go a while back.

Their comic can be found here http://dyingalone.net/archives/comic/172-healing. This is the one after their final comic on The Escapist.

They were a little slow starting back up, as they have only released 3 strips since they left, but (Grey, at least) is very open about it on Twitter, and they should be picking things up again, soon.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
It was a neat concept and did the "rag-tag-crew-of-smarmy-outcasts" fair enough, but those guys were terrible storytellers. Most of the comic's run towards the end was spent with the characters stuck in the same situation, in the same freaking room... let me check... yup, from October 11, 2016 to April 20, 2017. 20 strips in 6 months and not a single fucking inch budged. And last I checked their website, they're still running with that.

retsupurae yahtsee

May 14, 2012
Good, because that comic was awful and the only one I liked was when it looked like Erin had committed suicide alone.

I recommend Medium Large and Saturday morning Breakfast Cereal and avoiding most other webcomics. Medium Large is made by the same guy as the great newspaper comic Sally Forth.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
As people have said above, you can find the new comics on their site. I do agree though and wish that EDA was put out more often. But that's simply been impossible what with the crap that's been going on with them.

8-bit Theater is pretty dang good though. And it's finished too so no waiting around. It's basically making fun of the first Final Fantasy but the humor is super on-point in general.

PurplePonyArcade said:
Well what else is left on TheEscapist anyway? Kind of an empty schedule.
Yahtzee. Nothing but Yahtzee. We're now the Yahtzeeist

TheSlothOverlord

Mar 20, 2013
I second both 8-bit Theater and Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal . SMBC has daily strips with joke revolving around science, philosophy and occasionally, dicks, while 8-bit theater has some of the funniest dialogue I've ever read.

Other than that I would also recommend Cyanide & Happiness, if you haven't heard about it already.

Lastly, you should also check out Ava's Demon. It has an interesting story with gorgeous art and updates fairly regularly.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Grrlpower is one of my favorite long running series, though its a LOT to read through but worth it to catch up. Updates Monday and Thursday.
Awkward Zombie is my daily Monday morning funny for the week, Darths and Droids for Tues/Thurs/Sun, still reading Penny Arcade weekly including Camp Weedonwancha, Table Titans/Binwins Minions is also great. And MegaTokyo but I've also been reading that for what feels like forever (2000? Holy fuck... 17 years of an ongoing American Manga).

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Either you read DM of the Rings already or you read DM of the Rings already (and should read it again):
https://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=612

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
demoman_chaos said:
Either you read DM of the Rings already or you read DM of the Rings already (and should read it again):
https://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=612
I loved this, reading again. Thanks for posting!

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Smithnikov said:
Is it still a Final Fantasy fanfic?
Final Fantasy parody. And yes, they're still on that. Again though, it's mostly because they're slow on updates now rather than any special liking for the setting.

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
I miss Critical Miss. Erin was the best Strong Female Protagonist excepting the fact that she was not that strong and often more of an antagonist. She was female however if all the R34 is to be believed.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
RedRockRun said:
I miss Critical Miss. Erin was the best Strong Female Protagonist excepting the fact that she was not that strong and often more of an antagonist. She was female however if all the R34 is to be believed.
You know you're starting to get somewhat famous when you start getting a whole lot of R34 of your characters.