Is Hitting A Girl All That Bad?

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Thundero13 said:
Hitting a girl is bad, hitting a boy is just as bad, hitting in general is a bad thing, the gender you do it to is irrelevant
Gender should be irrelevant but unfortunately it isn't always.

But yes I agree, people shouldn't be hitting each other (unless it's a martial arts practice spar or something) and the only exceptions to violence would be for self defense. This includes the justification for a man to hit a woman if he is in bodily danger by that woman.

Bane_Star

Dec 4, 2008
If a Woman thinks its ok to hit me, I'll smack the shit out of her too.

If a Guy thinks its ok to hit me, I'll punch the crap out of him.

If I'm in a civil society, I'll sue them for assault and battery, violation of my civil rights, personal damages etc etc.

Violence is wrong and we need to stamp it out of society.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
beniki said:
In my experience, I've found that women you hit are a lot less likely to sleep with you. Furthermore, if other women find out you hit women, they are also less likely to sleep with you.

So yes... hitting girls is pretty damn bad, if only from a blue balls perspective.

Seriously though, I know I'd hold my manhood cheap if I hit a woman. No real explanation for that except a gut feeling, even though rationally it can be justified. I'm not saying there might not be times when it's necessary, but at least have the decency to feel guilty about it.

Casual slapping though, to vent your anger... no justification for that.
I agree but I want to add in that it could possibly go both ways. I mean, how many guys here would want to be with a girl/woman who hits you when she gets frustrated? I don't mean playful hitting here either, I mean abusive bitchy behavior.

I think people would generally want to be around others who care and don't present themselves as a physical threat.

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
I don't think the issue is so much thinking that hitting a girl is bad but thinking that hitting a guy is okay.

Uncle_Brainhorn

Dec 18, 2009
It's a double standard. They want to be treated equally, and feel they have the right to hit you. But you hit them back and the equality is gone, now it's sexism.

The way I see it, they bring it like a man, they can take it like a man.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
I hit my sister when she hits me.
That is where it ends.

If a girl is trying to hurt you, you stop her.
You don't hit back.

Let the guys fight.
Leave the girls out of it.

Ready2Go

Jun 7, 2010
Normally I would never hit a woman, but if shes coming at me with a weapon with real intent to cause to do me harm? well then, KA-BLAM.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I believe that in a situation where you need to hit someone, gender should not matter. Thankfully, I never have to do this to anyone. Physical violence rarely solves a problem, but when it's required I shall apply it with no fear.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
No more or less so than hitting a guy, which is to say that one shouldn't harm another human being unless defending yourself. Question answered. Case Closed. Thread Over. Goodbye Now.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
I don't really believe in hitting women unless it's self defence then again i don't really hit anyone (4-5 fights in the whole of my school life, none after). But think about it, a women wants to be treated as an equal yet things like a fight (no matter who started it) is the mans fault or abuse in other womens eyes, in my opinion if they want to be treated as equals they should stop thinking like that and look at it being reasonable and then if its abuse call it abuse.

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
there is a key difference between striking a woman because she is a physical threat to your well being, and striking her to establish dominance.

I make no bones about it, twice in my life I have in fact had to fight women who were threats, and I was forced to injure them seriously. I did not start these fights, and I take them with about just as much pride as I did having to fight men in my life. (none at all). when a person is a threat to your well being, you have a moral obligation to ensure your own survival.

that said would I ever hit my wife cause she overcooked the carrots? no, of course not, that is ethically improper.

Glaive_21842

Dec 21, 2009
My advice to hitting people is multi-gender. Just don't.
But if the question is about whether or not women pose a threat, yes. Yes they do. You don't have to be big to pose a true threat. You haven't needed to be big for the past couple hundred years. Seriously, if someone, anyone, is out to deal real harm to you, its all fair game.

PiercedMonk

Feb 26, 2010
I'm a reasonably big dude, and back in the day when I first started bouncing and doing security, occasionally it would be necessary to break up a confrontation where a woman was attacking someone. Too often in that situation, the woman would then turn her ire towards me. Women fight dirty, too; biting, scratching, pulling hair, going for the groin, kicking. Women fight like they want to maim. Obviously I'm generalising, and that doesn't apply across the board and some ladies really know how to throw a punch, but in my experiance it's a rare occurance. Of course, most dudes can't throw a real punch either.

Anyways! When I first started bouncing, and I had to pull some woman off another person and she'd start attacking me instead, I'd do my best to restrain her and give her a warning that if she didn't stop trying to hurt me, I'd have to respond with violence.

That didn't last long. By the time I quit bouncing, if anyone at all came at me with intent to harm, I'd deck them. Usually I'd pull my punches -- regardless of gender -- because most of the time it was enough to get the point across. At the end of the day though, no one has the right to attack you, and no one should feel like they can do so without reprecussion. I honestly don't care how small, weak, or feeble someone is, if they've initated violence, then they deserve what's coming to them.

There's one specific incident I remember from early on, where I was trying to get this nasty ***** out of the bar. She'd torn my shirt in half, my cheek was bleeding from where she tried to claw at my eye, she was digging her nails into my fore arm and kicking me in the shin. I told her that if she didn't stop I'd have to respond forcefully, and she screamed right in my face, "You can't hit me; I'm a girl!" and kept kicking.

Yeah, it didn't take very long at all for me to stop warning women for no other reason than that they're women.

jmerridew124

Mar 8, 2010
If you have to fight for your safety, all bets are off. However in general a man should never hit a woman if it is humanly possible to avoid it. As such, women have a social obligation not to raise a hand against a man, only for the fact that it's downright humiliating to have your hands tied against hitting a certain group of people and having that group of people hit you and mock you because you can't hit back (I've been there way too many times).

Long and short of it, actual personal defense, fine. Otherwise men should never hit women, women who hit men are assholes.

Zuckerdachs

Aug 24, 2011
Like almost everyone else said, if you're attacked first, then all bets are off. People shouldn't pick fights in the first place if they can't defend themselves when it starts going badly for them.

I'm a woman, and as an ex-hockey player, I'm pretty confident in my ability to defend myself. I don't start shit - I'd much rather walk away from an argument than get violent - but when someone else messes with me you can be sure I'll end it. My college boyfriend tried to slap me around once, so I picked him up from the waist and threw him through the nearest wall. His landlord was not pleased, but my boyfriend never laid a hand on me again.