Is homestarruner done?

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
Am I the only one who has eagerly awaited for a new sbemail and received nothing for almost two years?
Was there any confirmation that the series as a whole has ended?

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
According to the homestarrunner user group here the Brothers Chaps were both working on some kind of feature film and tending to a baby.

They did have a small update last month I believe, but it is very tragic.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
The main page says it was updated last month. I would guess that means it is still going on in some capacity.

I myself have not visited it in like a year, so I can't tell you anything else.

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
Pegghead said:
According to the homestarrunner user group here the Brothers Chaps were both working on some kind of feature film and tending to a baby.

They did have a small update last month I believe, but it is very tragic.
That would explain it,
how I miss Homestar, maybe they can at least get Trogdor on Rock Band, even if it is no longer culturally relevant.

Nyaliva

euclideanInsomniac
Sep 9, 2010
I don't think it's dead, just postponed.
One of the Brothers Chaps who make the website had a child last november so it's likely the father is too busy looking after the child and the other brother is just jealous of the new kid and throwing a massive hissy fit or he just doesn't have the animating skill to continue the website himself.
Personally I just keep looking back every now and then, especially around holidays so look out for a halloween cartoon soon.

MiketheBassMan

Jan 21, 2009
I grew up with Homestar, but I gotta say it went downhill. It may be time to let go of it, I know I haven't been there with any frequency in the last couple years.

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
MiketheBassMan said:
I grew up with Homestar, but I gotta say it went downhill. It may be time to let go of it, I know I haven't been there with any frequency in the last couple years.
Watch the last couple of Sbmails they're actually quite funny.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
MiketheBassMan said:
I had a feeling it wasn't going in the right direction when the game (games?) came out. Which I didn't play. It seemed like a pretty desperate cash-grab.

Of course, as I type this I'm wearing my Strong Mad t-shirt, so I guess it's partly my fault.

MiketheBassMan

Jan 21, 2009
TheBluesader said:
MiketheBassMan said:
I had a feeling it wasn't going in the right direction when the game (games?) came out. Which I didn't play. It seemed like a pretty desperate cash-grab.

Of course, as I type this I'm wearing my Strong Mad t-shirt, so I guess it's partly my fault.
And my Coke is sitting on my Strong Bad coaster that came with the pile of merch I bought. >_>

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
MiketheBassMan said:
TheBluesader said:
MiketheBassMan said:

And my Coke is sitting on my Strong Bad coaster that came with the pile of merch I bought. >_>
Oh yeah, well my house is an exact replica of the strong household.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
TheBluesader said:
MiketheBassMan said:

I thought them getting a game was a great thing cause like they've always made some games but this was big time with telltale who does sam and max up right. Although I hear while it was very funny it just didn't sell well.

If anything we could see this as there decision to decide to do something new I mean this movie I've been hearing about has nothing to do with homestarrunner can you believe it?

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Like I said in my thread on the subject [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.242136-Well-its-official-the-Homestarrunner-com-we-knew-is-dead], Halloween is the most important holiday in strongbadia, and there not even being pumpkin/costume info up on the site is a significant event in what to expect of the series.