Is HOXAR Inc. John Romero's New PC Game?

MetalheroDamien

Blackwing Hybrid Hero
Mar 25, 2010
mad825 said:
MetalheroDamien said:
]I wouldn't really call that a meme, and if it's a cyberpunk game, that'd probably be fitting.
Christ, how old are you? Haxor is an insult or a joke at best. It's mostly aimed at kids who use script kiddy or notepad to "hack".
Me? I'm 28, but I don't see what relevance that has to my point. It's still something associated with hacker culture in the mind of the general populous, and that's assuming it's intentional, which it likely isn't.

MetalheroDamien

Blackwing Hybrid Hero
Mar 25, 2010
mad825 said:
MetalheroDamien said:
Me? I'm 28, but I don't see what relevance that has to my point.

It was a rhetorical question and you answered it. I making the point that you might to too old to be within the in-crowd.

It's still something associated with hacker culture in the mind of the general populous,
You mean like it being a meme? It being an insult? A joke?
and that's assuming it's intentional, which it likely isn't.
lulwat? Because it isn't obvious enough?

I bet Romero will be a complete hax when it comes to the story. Did you get that little joke I made there!?!? Hahaha I bet you didn't.
It's a meme in the literal sense of "A piece of information that's part of the zietgiest", but it's not a meme in the usually used figurative sense of "A specific kind of joke on the internet". And while I'd argue that Romero is not the best writer in the business, you're also making definitive statements about something that we have almost no info on.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
John Keefer said:
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
A part of me will always be apprehensive of anything Romero does. Whenever he surfaces my head will continually repeat "Don't fall for his bullshit. Daikatana Daikatana Daikatana Daikatana Daikatana Daikatana Daikatana..."
I don't want the man to fail, not by any means but I'm still feeling that burn nearly 20 years later.
Met the man several times, the last at QuakeCon in 2014. He has matured a lot and regrets some of his younger transgressions. Really a good guy.
O_O
Are you.. implying that FriedChicken McWatermelon Superfly Johnson will not be in his new game?
But he was integral part of Daikatana, quintessential even.
He changed FPS genre as we know it.

NONONONONONONO!
This can't be happening :(
I don't believe you.
I.. I can't believe you...

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
blackrave said:
John Keefer said:
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Snip the Second
O_O
Are you.. implying that FriedChicken McWatermelon Superfly Johnson will not be in his new game?
But he was integral part of Daikatana, quintessential even.
He changed FPS genre as we know it.

NONONONONONONO!
This can't be happening :(
I don't believe you.
I.. I can't believe you...
I'm afraid it's true.

You...You have to leave without your buddy Superfly.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
IamLEAM1983 said:
To this day, you can still hear cries of "Imperials or Stormcloaks?" in the deepest, darkest depths of the Interwebzeeverse.
SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS

BY MIGHTY TALOS, THERE IT IS, FRIENDS

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Arnoxthe1 said:
IamLEAM1983 said:
To this day, you can still hear cries of "Imperials or Stormcloaks?" in the deepest, darkest depths of the Interwebzeeverse.
SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS

BY MIGHTY TALOS, THERE IT IS, FRIENDS
"Wrong answer, traitorous scum!"

Or so would say someone who cares, honestly. I'm neutral in the debate, in case my avatar wasn't obvious enough of a clue. As much as I loved Skyrim, Vvardenfell is where it's at. House Telvanni for life and whatnot.

By the way, do you have a few toes you wouldn't mind parting with? I need them. For, um, an experiment...