Is it bad to get into something, because of something that came after it?

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Why would it be bad? It can lead you to the original, maybe better, source. And opens you up to find new similar things.

Surely this is a goof thing? You friend just seems to be fanboy raging or something stupid.

Yomandude

Dec 9, 2010
Doctor Who.
[/thread]

What's that? Low-content post? Okay, fine, I'll go further in-depth. Doctor Who started in 1963, you see, and flourished for a glorious 26 seasons before rebooting in '05. Now, in the '60s I'm sure the original was a groundbreaking series, but looking back, it seems so dated. There's no shame, therefore, in getting "into" the new series through a more modern doorway (i.e. the new 9th, 10th, and 11th Doctor series).

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
No, why would it be?

I didn't know much about Star Wars until I saw The Phantom Menace, yet I dislike the first two prequels, and I think that EP III only had a couple of good moments in it. The original trilogy is where it's at.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
As people have pointed out, that way of thinking is elitist and, simply put, stupid. Did your friend get into anime because of Osamu Tezuka? Did they get into film because of Georges Melies? Did they get into visual arts because of f***ing cave paintings?!

(Also, Warcraft 3 is older than World of Warcraft.)

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Aussie502 said:
Only hipsters who think they're better than everyone else by discovering something before it goes mainstream believe this.
I used to believe that back when it was underground. And also before I took an arrow to the knee /offtopic