Is it Just me or or do more people find the Walking Dead a crapy show??

BlackJimmy

Jun 13, 2013
It may just be because I was a fan of the comic first, but I never really got in The Walking Dead TV.
Mostly because where the comic was about people trying to survive and deal with there problems in a post apocalyptic world(which just happened to have Zombies in it), the TV show goes for a more mainsteam zombie feel.
I just gave up after season 1.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
Jim_Callahan said:
If you claim to have seen a zombie anything where the plot wasn't what I just said, you're a liar, and not even a convincing one. The only distinction zombie movies have from standard disaster movies is that the power of friendship frequently fails to overcome anything whatsoever.
Great post in general, but it sounds like you haven't seen Warm Bodies yet. It's flawed but a genuinely original take on the idea.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I haven't read the comics, but I enjoy the Walking Dead. It's not the best show around, and it definitely has some serious pacing issues, but it's interesting enough to keep me watching.

The Telltale game is by far more engrossing, though. And it actually remembers that it's set in a zombie apocalypse, which I feel the TV show forgets at times.

AlbertoDeSanta

Sep 19, 2012
I enjoy the show, but it has it's moments of mind-numbing stupidity, but it isn't meant to be the most intelligent of Entertainment. It's meant to, most of the time, present a simple plot to attract viewers. And guess what? It works. Overall though, it is something I enjoy, but at points could be waaaaaaaaay better then it is (Most of Season 3, Some of Season 2). Season one was virtually perfect in terms of pacing and enjoyment for me. Hopefully season 4 goes back to that instead of season 3, but it'd be safer to hope for a lottery victory.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I am not fond of zombies in general.
I have a feeling making it in a tv series add more aspects than just soot the zombies and survive, so i think it is better than most zombie movies.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Game>comic>show
That said, I don't it's... "bad", but if someone said "Convince me there's good television shows' I would keep them way away from TWD.

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
I'd start watching the show again if that god-awful annoying kid of Rick's would die in a fire or something.

It would be so much better if people didn't act like complete brainless twats that barely rival the Zombies with their intelligence.

Captcha "THIS STATEMENT IS FALSE"
... Fanboi captcha

purf

Nov 29, 2010
imho, it's on the good end of "okay". I like the production, it's well made so that kept me watching despite its... dumber aspects. I have learned what to expect so I can easily enjoy it. Some episodes are actually really great. Like:

Frybird said:
Also, "Clear", one of the best Episodes of ANY series in recent years.
___
And to anyone who complains about how the characters act dumb/unreasonable just in oder to move the plot along:
No matter what you state here, you have obviously NOT read the comics.

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
The dumbest character any show has ever had EVER died in the later episodes so my main gripe with the show died and I am happy with it. Actually both my most hated characters finally died so I no longer have any issue with the show.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
I was the type that was 'ahh I don't wanna watch it it looks ungood'
Then my girlfriend forced me to give it a chance and I really enjoyed it, loved it even.
I hate how it's like that lost programme though, 15 mins of screen time then a cliffhanger!! - cut to adverts...

I played the game before watching any of the series so it was an interesting perspective.
The games are some of the best I've ever played!

Super ninja edit!
As far as telly goes the walking dead is pretty good.
Here in the uk we have the most depressing, mind numbing soaps aka eastenders and coronation street.
I wish they would bring back the krypton factor and crystal maze :(

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Vrach said:
mad825 said:
TheScottishMexican42 said:
You should play the game. One of the best stories in gaming.
Now, only if the game was worth playing. Because it is a game after all.
It is. An adventure game. Judging by your tone though, I'm guessing you're not a fan of the genre.
I'm not a fan of games being films. That's my problem.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
mad825 said:
Vrach said:
mad825 said:
TheScottishMexican42 said:
You should play the game. One of the best stories in gaming.
Now, only if the game was worth playing. Because it is a game after all.
It is. An adventure game. Judging by your tone though, I'm guessing you're not a fan of the genre.
I'm not a fan of games being films. That's my problem.
Adventure games aren't films. Your problem is something else.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
the 1st season is pretty good in my opinion, but like you said very melodramatic. The second season is absolute crap, awful awful stuff, not just as a zombie show but as tv show as well. The third got a bit better but i could never get into it again after the stupidity of the second season. Don't bother with it, the whole thing will fade away soon enough hopefully, just my 2 cents of course.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Personally I still really love the show, but I do understand why people dislike it. Firstly, zombie fatigue. Secondly, they occasionally make really dumb decisions- there have been several times where I've been left thinking 'Carl, why are you such a twat?' and sometimes it can be a bit slow. The second and third series do lack a lot of action mid-season, but the finales are always worth it.

And yeah, some of the actors suck a bit, but I think the most important roles are well done- Rick, Daryl, Shane and the Governor were/are great (although David Morrissey is never bad in anything). Lori, Micchone and Carl, not so much.

From what I can tell from the Season 4 trailer it looks a bit more action orientated, although that may well just be edited like that. Showed more raiding for supplies, which they never really did in season 3 (or, when they did, they got sidetracked). Being stuck in one place really hurt the show by taking some tension out I think, that's part of why season 1 was better.

Someone already mentioned that it's not the best shot show ever, and I'd agree for a big budget US show. Everything looks a bit bland, flat and colourless, but I suppose it is meant to be a zombie apocalypse in Georgia so I see what they're going for. On the plus side the music choices are usually very good:

mmmikey

Mar 23, 2013
I think it's one of the most uneven shows in existence. I thought the show peaked in season 2, I think a lot of people's complaints with it are pretty unwarranted if you go back and watch them. It's better to see it in a marathon fashion. Norman Reedus brings the most to the table. He took what could have been a very cliche character and gave him dimension to become a fan favorite. Jon Bernthal, Andrew Lincoln, Scott Wilson, and David Morrisey are IMO the best of the bunch.

Season 3 started out awesome. After a certain main character died the pace went from a full on sprint to a Sunday stroll. I would've preferred the mid-season finale to the actual one. Its one of the worst season finales I can remember. I'll stay on for season 4 but if its as mixed a bag as season 3 I think I'll stop watching.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Saw a few eps, but I never really got into it. People are always complaining about characters and their stupid decisions. It doesn't sound like something I'd like to watch.