Is it just me or will American troops' stupidity never stop?

Sane Man

Feb 24, 2009
Bright_Raven said:
how is america not regarded as a religious terrorist nation? religion and state are so merged its absurd, they invade other countries under the guise of "peace keeping" when they obviously just want to controll the contry, destroy the economy and strip it of resorces cheep. why are they not in zimbabwe? yet they went to war in iraq which hat a stable (if authoritorian) government. the people rioting on the streets were payed by CIA agents after Saddam refused to continue supplying america with cheep oil and wanted to rebuild his contry by using the cash gained by oil to fund civic improovements. nobody starved under saddam. how many starve in america?
Afganistan is used by americas government to grow more than 90% of the worlds Opium. the americas government is evil, and they have good PR people so that people can not see that. "Land of the free"? after america enslaves the rest of the world, only your "royal" families will be free. this sounds riddikulus because you have been taught to dismiss the idea of any type of conspirisy, yet you are willig to believe a 1500 year old book about talking shrubbery, magic invisible men and magic zombies...
I think the thing that upsets me the most about you is actually not even in your control. With horrendous grammar, poor sentence structure, and of course idiotic statement after idiotic statement there is a problem.

Under your name, the words "Pulitzer Laureate" appears. All I can say is "I hope not".

Although I suppose I could ask you the question, why has America not taken a drop of oil from Iraq to this very day? Iraq is even considering selling it to other countries first, even though the fact they can do that is because of America. I'm not here to argue foreign policy, just to point out the fact if it was America's goal to strip Iraq of all its resources, why are we allowing them to sell it to other countries and not us first? At the very least why did we just not take it for ourselves and not allow them to sell it?

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Allright that video just made me laugh

But yea some things soldiers do are just juvenille and power abusive

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
ok so some people think that was stupid and irresponsible. i thought it was funny and think it is rong to hate us soldiers for pulling pranks on kids(like u havent)ho obviously get it and think its funny u think all the people in iraq hate the occuping us forces who protect them then thats stupid. if u want to talk about occuping forces being bad talk to people who lived in occupied europe or asia during WWII. we dont treat them badly the japs and jerrys murdered civilians in the masses . they raped pillaged and sloughtered thousands. sure these guys might kill some civilians but sometimes it cant be avoided. i see no reason to hate the guy for this. if he hit the kid or handed him a loaded gun thats something else.

Lyiat

Dec 10, 2008
Bright_Raven said:
how is america not regarded as a religious terrorist nation? religion and state are so merged its absurd, they invade other countries under the guise of "peace keeping" when they obviously just want to controll the contry, destroy the economy and strip it of resorces cheep. why are they not in zimbabwe? yet they went to war in iraq which hat a stable (if authoritorian) government. the people rioting on the streets were payed by CIA agents after Saddam refused to continue supplying america with cheep oil and wanted to rebuild his contry by using the cash gained by oil to fund civic improovements. nobody starved under saddam. how many starve in america?
Afganistan is used by americas government to grow more than 90% of the worlds Opium. the americas government is evil, and they have good PR people so that people can not see that. "Land of the free"? after america enslaves the rest of the world, only your "royal" families will be free. this sounds riddikulus because you have been taught to dismiss the idea of any type of conspirisy, yet you are willig to believe a 1500 year old book about talking shrubbery, magic invisible men and magic zombies...
-snort- Says the Australian... We are hardly a "religious" country, and if you spent more then ten minutes here you'd realize that. About 15% (and considering our population, thats A LOT OF PEOPLE) are atheist, and most of the so called "Christians" here have never picked up a Bible in their lives. Like -every country- we have the VERY religious people here, but lucky they have no way to muck it up for every other person in the US because we live in a Democracy. Think before you speak, kid, before you shoot out crap like that. Our country has no intention of "taking over" Iraq, otherwise we would have done it already.

PS. By Australian I mean you have no call on making a judgment on a country you have NEVER been to.

LegionSeere

Feb 3, 2009
You'd think soldiers would of realised long ago not to film stuff like this cause there's always people who take it the wrong way, whether or not the kid knows he was only kidding around, alot of people watching are gonna be up in arms over it eventually and it may lead to disciplinary action like what happened to the puppy thrower (though that guy was a douche)

McClaud

Nov 2, 2007
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
McClaud said:
Granted. See above response. Not everyone sees the humor in the situation the way we do, and the backlash isn't worth the five minutes of laughs.

And most commanding officers have a zero-tolerance policy on making a public spectacle of yourself and damaging the reputation of the unit.

Again, if there is any doubt to how the public will react to a possible public course of action, then don't do it. We tell our people that constantly.
I for one think we should all just shut up and listen to McClaud. He actually seems to know what he's talking about.

EDIT

As bad as those videos are, I still find it worse that some American troops seem to have trouble differentiating between British soldiers and enemy insurgents.
Thank you. LOL

Anyway, I found the problem of most friendly fire incidents involving British soldiers is that there is hurried and poorly planned coordination between the American forces and the Coalition ones.

In Bosnia, for example, we accidentally blasted a French APC that was too close instead of the bunker because the Army spotter who was painting the target twisted his body to answer a radio call and the airstrike followed the laser to the wrong target. The one incident I was witness to in Iraq was because the timing was off on entering a building, and a Canadian soldier passed in front of us by mistake when we were aiming for the guy behind him.

We even played shoot-down-the-street-at-each-other with the Australian unit by accident before someone figured out (I can't recall which side anyway) that the two units were not on the freak and that's why the other unit wasn't answering the Identify call ...

Bad planning and convoluted tactics have plagued all Coalition forces for decades now.

LegionSeere said:
You'd think soldiers would of realised long ago not to film stuff like this cause there's always people who take it the wrong way, whether or not the kid knows he was only kidding around, alot of people watching are gonna be up in arms over it eventually and it may lead to disciplinary action like what happened to the puppy thrower (though that guy was a douche)
Trainers, commanders and intelligence briefers have been reminding soldiers not to do these things and most of all not to film them for the Internet. Alas, not everyone listens, or they're a chucklehead who doesn't care.

McClaud

Nov 2, 2007
cball11 said:
Know what? I was about to piss all over your proverbial leg for insulting my country's troops in defiance of their sacrifices instead of my country's government of the last eight years for its political diarrhea, but then I watched the video..... and all of my arguments sound hollow, and silly. Because.....well...... that video was.... really shameless. And really did not represent what they are supposed to represent.

I feel... sad.
They are a few dudes out of many.

I'd like to remind the OP (which I think I have quite extensively now by posting a lot in this thread) that a few morons in the American Armed Forces are not the common element among them. These events tend to be isolated amidst the thousands of good things the US servicemen and women do every day. The only reason they seem prevalent is because a) the media loves to jump on these things and over-emphasise them, and b) it's on the Internet.

Now if you seriously equate my time or the time of any good soldier in service to being like these chuckleheads, I feel sorry for you for being a moron.

AntiThom

Oct 26, 2008
Oh come on, you know that was funny. Even the kid thought it was funny! Hell the cops here in the states have way worse behavior than that.

McClaud

Nov 2, 2007
cball11 said:
McClaud said:
cball11 said:
Know what? I was about to piss all over your proverbial leg for insulting my country's troops in defiance of their sacrifices instead of my country's government of the last eight years for its political diarrhea, but then I watched the video..... and all of my arguments sound hollow, and silly. Because.....well...... that video was.... really shameless. And really did not represent what they are supposed to represent.

I feel... sad.
They are a few dudes out of many.

I'd like to remind the OP (which I think I have quite extensively now by posting a lot in this thread) that a few morons in the American Armed Forces are not the common element among them. These events tend to be isolated amidst the thousands of good things the US servicemen and women do every day. The only reason they seem prevalent is because a) the media loves to jump on these things and over-emphasise them, and b) it's on the Internet.

Now if you seriously equate my time or the time of any good soldier in service to being like these chuckleheads, I feel sorry for you for being a moron.
My cousin is a lieutenant in the army, and I've never had anything but respect for her. Don't call me a moron. And try to remember what I said I originally wanted to say. And don't lecture me.

And eat a dick.
The last line was not directed at you. It was directed at people who you were talking about.

I was actually empathizing with you.

Delicious

Jan 22, 2009
Oh my god the first video was the funniest damned thing I've seen all week.

That is so awesome.

NoSeraph

Apr 30, 2008
Superbeast said:
Take into account that the U.S. is also a primary player in international peace-keeping and humanitarian efforts and the 49% that you quote makes more sense.
Ah, another victim of government propaganda.
Self-righteousness is quite unbecoming and dilutes your credibility. Please do a better job of hiding it in the future.

Moving right along, thanks for the detailed reply. I would have appreciated it if you had included my name in your quote, so that I would have been notified of a response to my post and been able to follow up in a more timely fashion.

You make a number of nice statistical references (and even were good enough to provide links to their sources), but if you will refer back to my post, I did not - not even once - cite any costs associated with U.S. participation in the United Nations or any U.N.-sanctioned activities. Although this is not an unreasonable inference to draw from my arguments, it is certainly an erroneous one.

U.N. facts and figures are fine, but such data is not without its own inconsistencies. In 1997 there were actually two opposing sides that existed in the U.S. government regarding this matter. In a nutshell, a number of congressman claimed that the U.N. owed the U.S. $3.4 billion in reimbursements for participation in UN Peacekeeping missions, while the Clinton administration responded that those funds were voluntarily paid by the government and needed no reimbursement. This is off topic, so I will conclude this story by saying that, though a compromise was reached in 1999, there is still debate over what is still perceived by some members of Congress as "Bloated Bureaucracy" in the UN.

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
Bright_Raven said:
let me put it this way. 49% of all world millitayr spending is spent by america. and all the contries they are at war with spend less than 1% of the worlds military spending. and america is still strugling
Probably cuz about 3% of our population is enlisted...