Is It Just Me?

Monkeysicle

May 25, 2008
Lullabye said:
Monkeysicle said:
Well it seems that my suspicions were right for once on the matter that game developers design for hdtvs. What a dick move I think. But as said if you can hear what people are saying it is not much of a problem and most games do nowadays which is good. I guess this be a real bad time to be a deaf gamer with a low income.
thats like saying that its a dick move to be making games for next gen consols. its not a dick move. they just assume if you can afford a ps3 and some games, you can afford to get a hd tv.
What I don't understand is why they would assume such an odd thing. Well its odd to me I suppose. I never needed to buy a new TV to play a game on (I am referring to consoles mostly on this topic) unless the tv was broken or I couldn't hook it up to it. In my mind at least I would think they would like to expose their product to as many people as possible and by only making something you might really need to see in a game unviewable because they want you to have a certain object is just a fowl move.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Monkeysicle said:
Lullabye said:
Monkeysicle said:
Well it seems that my suspicions were right for once on the matter that game developers design for hdtvs. What a dick move I think. But as said if you can hear what people are saying it is not much of a problem and most games do nowadays which is good. I guess this be a real bad time to be a deaf gamer with a low income.
thats like saying that its a dick move to be making games for next gen consols. its not a dick move. they just assume if you can afford a ps3 and some games, you can afford to get a hd tv.
What I don't understand is why they would assume such an odd thing. Well its odd to me I suppose. I never needed to buy a new TV to play a game on (I am referring to consoles mostly on this topic) unless the tv was broken or I couldn't hook it up to it. In my mind at least I would think they would like to expose their product to as many people as possible and by only making something you might really need to see in a game unviewable because they want you to have a certain object is just a fowl move.
srry, i accidentally pushed the post button. I edited after you wrote, srry.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Mimsofthedawg said:
MaxTheReaper said:
Mimsofthedawg said:
Sometime in my highschool science class (I think it was physics), our teacher taught us some formula that proved that, in actuality, the same snowflake comes about once every thousand years.

Are we really unique?
I'm still in high school.
I can't be blamed for not knowing this, if it's true.

Anyway, yes, I'd argue that every human being is unique.
Though they may have qualities that overlap with another human being, there's always something to differentiate them, though they may have THAT in common with yet another human being.
But we're like a ball of glass that's dropped on the ground - it breaks differently every time.
What the heck? you're still in highschool? After reading many of your posts on various threads, I figured you must be like 20 something! Bravo with your "wisdom and knowledge".

Anyways, I was sort of kidding (although the snowflake thing is true), but I get what you mean and you're right.
He's only like a year older than me...

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
It makes it a real ***** trying to read the lyrics off of guitarhero/rockband without a big screen HD TV. I say bring back the big letters, I don't think it ever looked that bad anyways. That or I really should go invest in a bigger TV.

Prowers

Jan 31, 2009
I played GTA 4 on a small TV, and I couldn't read the tutorials. Then I got a bigger TV, I still couldn't read it. Then I got BIG TV(Not HD) then I could read. So either get an HD TV, or get a BIG TV!

Clirck

Mar 19, 2009
Oh yes the PC you never have the problem to not being able not to read the text, or something.
Well, basically...

...no.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Hacking in Fallout 3 was hellish before I got my 900x1440 monitor. That's pseudo-HD, right?Not that I care. As long as the image looks crispy, it's all good.

DeadCapsule

Jun 21, 2009
megapenguinx said:
Calobi said:
Text is now formatted to be read from an HD source. For those without, tough luck.
This. While playing Prototype, I found it incredibly hard to read any of the words because of the text color/size.
This +2. Trying to figure out what buttons needed to be used to pull off the new combos I bought gave me a massive headache.

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
I know your pain. Between small text and my exceedingly poor condition's for reading it, I have to strain just to make out a short sentence.

My TV is thinner than my computer screen, farther away, much higher up and I' have vision problems.

I made myself sad. T_T