Is It Still a Game If You Don?t Play It?

Dresos

Jun 17, 2011
I enjoyed Asura's Wrath, it's a different kind of game alright but this article is just wierd... fancy terminology doesn't make an article better.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
I loved Asura's Wrath.
It was a fun and fantastic game to both watch and play

It falls in the same category as Metal Gear Solid 4 as far is this article is concerned, but they are both great games in my opinion none the less.

That being said I'd rather CAPCOM dish out games like Asura's Wrath rather than a crappy and incomplete fighting game that'll be released about 3 times with every down payment I make on the next game.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I would be showing blatant naivete if I didn't say that Asura's Wrath does indeed feel much like an interactive cartoon/anime series than an actual game. I had to stop reading the article about a quarter into it though, simply because of how... off it sounded.

I mean, c'mon... how can you hate anything that has you kill a god the size of a fucking PLANET using only your bare (metallic) FISTS?!

A question for everyone else, if I may: why is that Asura's Wrath continuously gets lambasted for having "no gameplay" while there's no mention whatsoever of Heavy Rain? Granted, I've never played the game and don't intend to, so I'm pretty certain I'm missing something here...

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
If the object in question is "My computer" then yes, it did stay the same even when I added the second video card.

Alterego-X

Nov 22, 2009
Well, there are some Visual Novels with literally no gameplay, not even route choices, just linear text and pictures, and they still get identified as "games" that you "play".

Though that verb, "play" is also used for lot's of non-interactive things: to play a record, to play a certain number on the guitar, etc. It's sort of a catch-all term.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
If I take a DVD of a movie, and hacked it so that it pauses and you have to press the play button every 5 minutes, does it become a game?

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
When does a game stop being a game?
When it becomes WOW (World of Workcraft)