is it wrong for guys to shed tears?

dday4you

Jun 11, 2008
hi guys! i want to ask the guys out there if you think its wrong for guys to just burst in tears sometimes.
and the girls what are your thoughts of guys who cry often?

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
No.

Well, it was a yes or no question, right?

And I don't care less what some girl thinks about it. Everyone's entitled to express their emotions in whatever way they choose as long as they're not hurting anybody else.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I hope it's not wrong.

I cry at the drop of a hat, basically.

Most recently, I cried at the end of Fruits Basket and came close to tears at the end of "The Fighter". Hell, I cried at the end of Dragon Age: Origins.

I cry "happy" tears, even. Even when everything wraps up nicely.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010

Says it all!

But honestly, I don't think it's wrong for guys to cry. Most of us(probably all) have been raised with the belief that it doesn't fit men to cry however!
If someone started crying in my company I would probably wonder what the hell is wrong with that guy.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Christ, what happened to all the lighthearted threads lately? :p

Anyway, it's cool for anyone to cry, anytime. Knock yourself out, ain't gonna affect anyone, I cry if I want to.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
A friend of mine told me a really awful story about a week ago.

Tears in my eyes just thinking back on it.

And when my dog died....T-T

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Nope there nothing wrong for a guy to cry. I think it is wrong for a guy NOT to cry at all (either they are too cold or just won't get emotional at all).

badpun

Apr 4, 2010
I don't see a problem with men crying, its far worse to bottle up your emotions all the time then to let them out

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
It's fine.

But I'm still relieved that I've never actually shed a tear over any film or game.

Damn, I've been close though.
Watership Down
Das Boot
Black Hawk Down
The Terminal
Dragon Age
Mass Effect 2

Usually it's people being Big Damn Heroes that gets me, rather than anything sad. Except for the first two. I don't like to think about it. Especially the poor rabbits.

ironwill

Feb 14, 2011
Crying is very healthy, study's in Japan proved this year's ago. less stress, less chance of getting sick, If a person, man in this case build's up enough emotion that he could cry he should let lose. Crying is healthy. is it embarrassing yes, but what isn't ? also it's got better result's than hitting someone.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
There's nothing wrong with a guy crying and people really need to stop thinking there is.

Jun 13, 2009
As said before, men can cry manly tears without being judged, it isn't good to repress emotion. But I think blubbering and doing that "fan the tears back in with hands held tight and straight" thing would be pushing it too far.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I don't cry particularly often (my eyes water when I yawn or if I fall on my face, never really got that but that's more or less it), and it takes something quite emotional to make me cry. The ending of Noughts & Crosses or a few pages of Gives Me Hope [http://www.givesmehope.com/].

WARNING: I'm not even kidding, that link will take it out of you. It did a thorough job on me, anyway.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
The only time I cry is when I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown or if I'm watching a sad movie on the cusp of a mental breakdown.