Is it wrong to hate small children?

Dinadan

Nov 12, 2009
Sarge034 said:
Secondhand Revenant said:
The last part looks like he's complaining that society doesn't cater to him and he has to go through the terrible burden of tolerating kids. Not a demand but still.

I don't care for kids but it's a bit much to gripe that we can't just go around complaining about kids and that other people do like kids.
So instead of society catering to him you advocate society catering to mothers and their children? I dislike little bratty children and any child who makes a bunch of noise. So let's say we're in a public place and a child is throwing a temper tantrum, why must I deal with it and the mother not be made to? I have tinnitus in my left ear, any loud noise and any noise above a certain pitch is absolutely excruciating to me. Why should I be driven out of a public place because of your child? Do I hate kids? Eh. Do I hate parents who don't deal with their children being obnoxious? Absolutely.
In most any circumstances the parents WILL deal with it. Just because kids don't come with an off-switch and it takes time to calm them down, doesn't make the parents automatically inept or uncaring. Also, yes our societies should cater towards kids, cause they are a fundamental part of them. No society can function for long without kids for obvious reasons, so why should people be punished for having them? It's already not very appealing from a financial standpoint in most western countries, should they now be only allowed to go to public places under stringent conditions?

krystalphoenix

Sep 5, 2015
I don't think it's wrong to hate children. I don't particularly like them until they've learned some rules and can essentially play "nice" with people. The exception to this is my step-sisters little girls and my friends kids. They can turn me into big kid in a matter of seconds. I think it comes down to the fact that with my step-nieces and friends kids I can dole out a small amount of discipline, tell them not to do things and such, without their parents thinking I've overstepped a line. I can take care of the tykes for a few hours at a time without assistance, but they are definitely more manageable when you've got multiple family members around.

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
No. They're cunts.
And what's worse is they're cunts and they know it. They look at you then do something they know to be wrong, but you can't give a bollocking to someone else's little bastard, so you have to tell the parent, who will inevitably laugh and say something like, "Oh ignore, him he doesn't know any better." Here's news: They do know fucking better. They know that to chuck a pissing piece of food at me in a restaurant is wrong. They know it's wrong to knock shit over that I'll then have to clean up. They know it's wrong to bite my fucking leg while I wasn't looking. And I know they know because while the shit eating parent is acting as though their little angel doesn't understand what they're doing, the little shit is hiding behind that parents leg and giving the most evil fucking smirk that their arsehole faces can muster.

As long as you don't hate your own child (while still properly disciplining said child) then hating the shrieking little twats is what I'd say is the natural reaction. I'm not saying children should be abused, either.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Dinadan said:
In most any circumstances the parents WILL deal with it. Just because kids don't come with an off-switch and it takes time to calm them down, doesn't make the parents automatically inept or uncaring. Also, yes our societies should cater towards kids, cause they are a fundamental part of them. No society can function for long without kids for obvious reasons, so why should people be punished for having them? It's already not very appealing from a financial standpoint in most western countries, should they now be only allowed to go to public places under stringent conditions?
Don't generalize, it makes your point look weak. From personal experience most of the time (7/8 out of 10) they just let the child cry without trying to coddle it (baby) or throw the temper tantrum without getting attention to dissuade it. Fucking take that shit elsewhere, it's not my problem but it is literally causing me pain. And adults don't make up a fundamental part of society? Do tell, how long will those babies survive without adults, or even just without adults who don't have children? I'm not trying to "punish" anyone for anything, just don't cause a disturbance in a public place that disturbs others who are minding their own business. Seems like very simple common courtesy etiquette to me. If you're trying your damnedest to quiet the child I'll make concessions, but few do.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I used to think I hated kids. But then I met the kids of GOOD parents. Kids who didn't scream because they were taught that screaming without actually being in danger was punishable by a leather belt whipping. Kids who didn't whine about getting everything they desired because acting like an entitled little shit was punishable by banishment to and isolation in a room without anything to do but READ... for hours on end.

These were kids (1 in pre-school and a third grader) who were PEOPLE. Good natured, happy, easy to talk to... people. Inquisitive, but polite, well-adjusted, normal, people.

After having met these kids, I'm very firmly convinced I have figured it out. "There's no such thing as bad kids, just bad parents." I buy into tabula rasa, children aren't born with inherent programming. IF well raised and taught... kids can be OK. It just seems like all kids are little assholes these days because most parents are inept and stupid. I have great respect for parents who can actually raise a good kid; IT TAKES LOTS OF TIME, EFFORT, CARE, and above all RESPONSIBILITY. I could cover maybe ONE of those things, that's why I don't have kids. The amount of effort it would take to afford a child at my salary... would necessitate me working so much I couldn't be a good parent. So at least I have "responsibility" covered... more so than most parents these days who trip over that from the get go.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Sarge034 said:
The last part looks like he's complaining that society doesn't cater to him and he has to go through the terrible burden of tolerating kids. Not a demand but still.

I don't care for kids but it's a bit much to gripe that we can't just go around complaining about kids and that other people do like kids.
So instead of society catering to him you advocate society catering to mothers and their children? I dislike little bratty children and any child who makes a bunch of noise. So let's say we're in a public place and a child is throwing a temper tantrum, why must I deal with it and the mother not be made to? I have tinnitus in my left ear, any loud noise and any noise above a certain pitch is absolutely excruciating to me. Why should I be driven out of a public place because of your child? Do I hate kids? Eh. Do I hate parents who don't deal with their children being obnoxious? Absolutely.
Well I don't really care about your problem. Not least because apparently not catering to you is automatically catering to the others. If that's how you start it's obvious you're going to be too touchy to suggest letting people be as a solution.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
If it's wrong I don't want to be right...I really don't like being around children in general. Being put in the position where I'm strong-armed into watching one or more is just torture to me...especially when they like me and get near and start talking at me...I can't really be mean to them of course...it's just incredibly uncomfortable.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Well I don't really care about your problem. Not least because apparently not catering to you is automatically catering to the others. If that's how you start it's obvious you're going to be too touchy to suggest letting people be as a solution.
You don't care that the child screaming in a public place is literally causing me unbearable pain and possibly further hearing loss? But you do care about children being able to cause a public disturbance without drawing ire? That's rather telling of your character.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Sarge034 said:
You don't care that the child screaming in a public place is literally causing me unbearable pain and possibly further hearing loss? But you do care about children being able to cause a public disturbance without drawing ire? That's rather telling of your character.
Not if you're going to be unreasonable and act like not catering to you means catering to them. Unreasonable people can deal with their own problems as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure why it's supposed to be bad that I don't care about people's problems when they come in to complain in that manner.

Tilly

Mar 8, 2015
Rosiv said:
Its ok to hate Large children, small children should be loved, and children of middle sizes should be tolerated. Children suffering from dwarfism should be seen as deities.
This has to be the weirdest comment I've read to day.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
I don't like children, i can't bring myself to interact with them in any way, they make me uncomfortable and the first thing i want to do is find somewhere where there are no children.
I'm sorry there's going to be more children in your life in the future, i'm facing a similar situation in that my sister is getting married so i guess it's only a matter of time before i become an uncle, i hope she understands when i tell her that kid is never meeting its uncle.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Oh, yes, whenever I hear them, I glass the little shits and knife their parents in the gob for taking children out to a public place. I spit at quiet kids pre-emptively, because all children are alike and exists to torture me. All parents let them because they hate me and obviously want to see me suffer.

People get upset, but I'm cynical and misanthropic so I don't care what they say.

(No, I don't, they don't and I'm neither. It's not exactly wrong to hate small children, but it really do reach irrational levels sometimes.)

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Paragon Fury said:
And I mean actually intensely so? Not to the point where you want to hurt them or anything, but to the point where just being near them is uncomfortable?

Because it seems like if you even think about not liking children and thinking they're super and awesome, you're some kind of defective monster. Like I'm suppose to appreciate their insipidness and the smell, and the getting into everything. And the noise, oh sweet mercy the noise. The noise. The never-ending cacophony of noises that split the sanity of anyone nearby.

But we're supposed to play nice. Not complain or expect people with children to be considerate of others. That the rest of us are just supposed to deal with noises that make us seriously consider that a Hellgate has opened and demons are crawling out. The worst part is now I've gotten to the point in my life where social events and gathering are going to based around and revolve around babies and small children, since nearly everyone is getting married and/or having kids now so you've got to fake enthusiasm for them.
I dunno, taking into consideration that you too, were once the thing you hate, I'd like to think you'd cut your past self, and all the future people a little bit of slack during that time that we were all annoying, loud little shitbags, because we didn't know any better.

Rosiv

Oct 17, 2012
Tilly said:
Rosiv said:
Its ok to hate Large children, small children should be loved, and children of middle sizes should be tolerated. Children suffering from dwarfism should be seen as deities.
This has to be the weirdest comment I've read to day.

It was my crappy attempt at answering the question literaly for some type of humor. (> * *)>

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
I don't care about children as long as they:
1. Aren't screaming in a place they shouldn't be (As a kid, I know I was guilty of loudly playing with my brother when my mother took me shopping for Groceries/Clothes. Mother was never happy about it but we weren't happy about being forced to go shopping either. I wasn't the best kid)
2. Aren't causing me to trip on them. Seriously, what is with some kids and the lack of spacial awareness?

They can shout all they want in a playground or their backyard, that is what those are there for. I also understand that young kids are sometimes going to have tantrums in shopping areas when they don't get what they want, but that's why you teach them NOT to have a tantrum by leaving the story without what they want. They'll learn that screaming gets them less than what they want.

On a side note: If you're not buying anything for your kid, it's not the best idea to take them shopping with you.