Is my iPod Touch Dead?

A-Heart-Of-Gold

Apr 25, 2010
So today I try to use my iPod and it comes up with the screen telling me I need to plug it in to iTunes, when I do plug it in to iTunes it says:

iTunes cannot connect to the iPod, because it is locked with a pass code. You must enter the passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes.

I can't do anything on the iPod screan and I can press try again or cancel on iTunes and nothing has heppend when I press try again.

I think my iPod must have re-set itself but if it did that surely the passcode would re-set as well.

What do I do? Please help!

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I got this a while ago, the screen just locked up and wouldnt do a thing. I just had to let the battery run down until it was dead, then I connected it to itunes and it just sprang back to life in working order.

Dont know if it will help, but it worked for me

A-Heart-Of-Gold

Apr 25, 2010
wooty said:
I got this a while ago, the screen just locked up and wouldnt do a thing. I just had to let the battery run down until it was dead, then I connected it to itunes and it just sprang back to life in working order.

Dont know if it will help, but it worked for me
The battery was dead when I put it in, I'll run it down again and see what happens!