Is Nintendo Under Hackers Radar

alik44

Sep 11, 2010
With the Recent Hacking of The PS3 and past Attcks on the 360. why haven't ay hackers tried to hack Nintendo Wii. through out all my years as a gammer i v'e heard and ee seen people hack or attempt to hack Play station Console and hand-held series and Xbox Consoles series. but i have never heard of anyone try or even attempt to try to hack none of nintendo's console. is it because nintendo has a great security block in case of hacks or do they just dt consider it wrth the effort

Edit: i Guess u can put computers under hackable i guess

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
................WHAT?

I...I'm going to avoid putting you down and just say that a lot of people are going to have trouble reading your posts with such broken English. I really can't read that.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
I think it falls under the radar. Though xbox hasn't had much in the way of a real attack either (at least not the scale that sony and eidos have endured recently). I don't really understand the reasoning behind hacking attacks and DoS attacks except to understand that sometimes no real reasoning is needed, so I may be way off on this. Truth be told though all servers are hackable, so every system's information is therefore hackable.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I think it's because PSN and Xbox Live are such large targets, and serious gamers will usually either go for Xbox or Playstation, you don't really hear about Wii fanboys, harping on about how the newest Mario game is better that COD or Halo. The wii doesn't really have an online service to the same extent as the other consoles, so it has kinda run under the radar. Doesn't mean Nintendo are better than the others, in fact it can be seen as the opposite: they aren't worth the bother.

Argonian alchemist

Master-level alchemist
May 5, 2011
Katana314 said:
................WHAT?

I...I'm going to avoid putting you down and just say that a lot of people are going to have trouble reading your posts with such broken English. I really can't read that.
His grammar wasn't that bad...

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Hardly anybody uses/cares about the Wii online so its most likely just not worth it unlike PSN and XBL

jpblade666

Dec 23, 2010
The Wii is easy to mod/hack and if you do it voids your warranty. Nintendo has never done anything to anyone so I don't know why anyone would attack them. I don't really understand your question. Are you saying that people should attack nintendo just because PSN is being attacked?

Cool Welshy

Mar 15, 2011
I can say it's a possibility, but I wouldn't bet on it.
The thing with Anonymous is that they usually fight for the first amendment. PSN's crash happened because PS3 was against that ever since they made it unable to put Linux on it.

Granted, the extremists might do it, but even then not likely. Despite how big Nintendo is, it is not big enough as a threat. And even if it is, would you take on Miyamoto's lawyers?

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
Wait.. I am not clear on this.. is he talking about hacking the consoles or their network?

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
X-Box and PS3 have a larger credit card using audience so why go for the Wii? It would be a waste of time and hard work.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Are there even that many people who have registered credit card information and such with Nintendo?

winter2 said:
Wait.. I am not clear on this.. is he talking about hacking the consoles or their network?
I think he means hacking Nintendo the company and products in general.

Kirkby

May 3, 2010
Jay Parrish said:
Katana314 said:
................WHAT?

Velcome to ze grammer nazi vorld vere everything must be neat und tidy!

OT: Probably because Nintendo aims most of its games at a younger audience? Its one thing bringing down a serious company who tailors for the people who play on the xbox and PS3 but another thing completely targeting a company who essentially makes toys for kids.

That and personally i never saw Nintendo as being one of those big evil corporations. Unlike Microsoft and Sony which in my mind tend to be more sinister.

alik44

Sep 11, 2010
jpblade666 said:
The Wii is easy to mod/hack and if you do it voids your warranty. Nintendo has never done anything to anyone so I don't know why anyone would attack them. I don't really understand your question. Are you saying that people should attack nintendo just because PSN is being attacked?
No i just find it odd that as Hackers are starting/ trying to do there best to hack into systems For what ever reason they need. that nintendo coming out this basiclly unScath while Sony and microsofts Have there Bruises and Scars to bear.

ash-brewster said:
Hardly anybody uses/cares about the Wii online so its most likely just not worth it unlike PSN and XBL
Well i though hackers hacked to get free Downloads from PSN and Probably Xbox live. and nintendo has it own Virtual shop so its almost in the same boat as psn and XBL as for reason that they were hacked

DBlackny

Oct 14, 2008
My guess would be they haven't attempted hacking it as the reasons that that had for attacking PSN & Xbox Live don't much apply to Nintendo... For example if it was done by people who were 360 fans, they would take down PSN to make the PS3 look bad, where as they probably wouldn't have a go at Nintendo as the main argument about which game console is better is generally fought over the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3, not so much the Wii

irishstormtrooper

Mar 19, 2009
Hero in a half shell said:
I think it's because PSN and Xbox Live are such large targets, and serious gamers will usually either go for Xbox or Playstation, you don't really hear about Wii fanboys, harping on about how the newest Mario game is better that COD or Halo. The wii doesn't really have an online service to the same extent as the other consoles, so it has kinda run under the radar. Doesn't mean Nintendo are better than the others, in fact it can be seen as the opposite: they aren't worth the bother.
This. Plus Nintendo doesn't have a PSN or Xbox Live type system to shut down, even if hackers cared enough about them to try.

Mute52

Sep 22, 2009
Okay, if you're talking about the console itself, Wii has been hacked to death. I have one with a hacked menu screen, homebrew, and all different kinds of stuff.

If you're talking about the network, what network?
People wouldn't be able to send Wii messages or play each other in Mario KArt online, not that much to be proud of in taking down Nintendo. Also i think hacking of Sony was directly related to the suing of Geohot

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Jay Parrish said:
Katana314 said:
................WHAT?

Your shitting me? Its horrid, readable, but he really should have proof read it.