Is Rockstar's removal of 18 songs from the Steam version of San Andreas legal?

Malpraxis

Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
Jul 30, 2013
Now, while I honestly couldn't care less about this, because that game was an impulse buy and probably got it for $1, and still have my PS2 disc with all songs, it is troubling to know that you don't really own what you digitally buy. It portrays some pretty grim implications for the future.

Imagine you buy a book, and it has illustrations made by some artist. They bought the rights to use the illustrations for X amount of years, and after those years passed, they come into your home and remove those pages from the book. Even you never planned to read it again, you would feel robbed.
I have no problems with they removing content from new editions of the game, even digital ones. Whatever they do with their product is their right (though I'd appreciate a disclaimer saying it's not the complete original thing). But they shouldn't have the right to remove content from copies they already sold. I don't really know if it's legal or not, but it sure as hell is scummy.

RavingSturm

May 21, 2014
Zachary Amaranth said:
RavingSturm said:
That doesnt rule out their existence either. If you buy that everybody on the internet is honest, chummy or forthright then I've got a bridge for sale. Astroturfing/paid comments are a reality.
The problem is that the leap from "not everyone is chummy" to "there's this group of people out to shout us down for sinister reasons" is not demonstrated here.

That's conspiracy theory territory.
I'm not saying specifically in this forum.