Is skyrim worth getting on the ps3?

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
I have heard quite a bit about game breaking glitches on the ps3 version of skyrim. Being a ps3 player, should I skip it?

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Game breaking glitches bugs in 99% of the cases... Get the PC version, if at all possible, because you can tweak, fix and mod the game.

May 7, 2008
i have it on ps3. it freezes on load screens occasionally but i haven't had anything constant gamebreaking and i had it since release

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Yes it is.
It may lag, freeze from time to time, but it's no New Vegas.
Now that seriously messed up my PS3 sometimes....O_O

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
No, no, no no. A video of a side by side comparison for you at the bottom of the page:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-07-bethesda-refutes-skyrim-ps3-lag-claims-by-fallout-nv-dev
Stay away from it. Buy another version or buy something else.

Alex Tom

Sep 25, 2011
jackpackage200 said:
I have heard quite a bit about game breaking glitches on the ps3 version of skyrim. Being a ps3 player, should I skip it?
If u only have a PS3 then i wouldn't get it right now. Wait for the GOTY edition or just wait till sites report the fixes. If u have other options then yes you should get if for Xbox if u have one ,and are looking for a console experience, or buy it on the PC if u have a one capable of running it on at least Medium.

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
I have the PS3 version and I have seen a dragon flying backwards once, other then that nothing serious. Buy the PS3 version if your PC can't handle it on max settings.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
One dragon flying backwards and one breaking fire out of it's tail.

Don't get it, if you do it willl assimilate you.

ASSIMILATE ASSIMILATE ASSIMILATE ASSIMILATE

Jun 11, 2008
As a few have said and more will say myself included if you can run you are always better off with Bethesda games on the PC if not I wouldn't recommend it as not everyone suffers from these bugs so it a bit of a gamble. If you really want it and have the option 360 is good too.

Nokiro

Aug 5, 2011
Get it on the PC OP. If you can. Skyrim's minimum setting's are surprisingly low. Oh and if you don't want to use steam if you bought the game from the store, PM me and I'll help you out.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Lacsapix said:
I have the PS3 version and I have seen a dragon flying backwards once, other then that nothing serious. Buy the PS3 version if your PC can't handle it on max the lowest settings.
Fixed that for you. Aside from the game crippling slowdown reported on large save files on the ps3, moddability is a huge boon to the pc version. You'll eventually have a much more stable game, tons more content, and you can tweak it however way you want. That said, the 360 version is supposed to be fine, so there's always that alternative.

Venoregard

Jul 3, 2011
As someone with only a PS3 and a stone-age PC, I'm skipping Skyrim until it's completely fixed. Perhaps next year's Christmas...

Being the broke casual gamer I am, I'll look into older games. Like Red Dead, or Mass Effect...

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Played for probably 110 hours+ on my PS3 and so far I've experienced;
~40 hours of lag
1 loading screen frozen
1 game breaking glitch(DONT have the first stormcloaks quest while your doing your main quests)

I've heard that there is less lag on the PC and 360, but I don't know for sure. It's pretty annoying, but it's still playable at most times. Was never so bad that I wanted to break my controller.

Just started Fallout 3 again today after a two year long break to get the platinum, and the game has crashed probably over ten times already... so if you're familiar with Fallout 3 on the PS3 Skyrim will feel like a walk in the park.