Is Sony Supplying Futuristic Weapons to Terrorists?

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Aqualung said:
Brilliant, Kevin Butler is adorable. The only way Microsoft could challenge this is by using Murray Hewitt a la Flight of the Conchords as their salesman.
sadly when they try stuff like this it falls rather flat, they try too hard to be hip and cool

the commercials are really good, tho the second one has been around for a while already

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
In the latest "Dear Playstation" PS3 commercials starring Sony's Chief Weaponologist Kevin Butler, a shadowy secret organization seeks to acquire all of the futuristic weaponry in Ratchet & Clank's arsenal.
Uh-oh.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
These ads are really funny but the tagline is terrible. PS3 only does everything? Can it play my old N64 cartridges? Because I haven't played Goldeneye 007 in a while and want to play it again.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Whoooooooooooooah!

LOL LOL LOL at the first one!

Reminded me how much i luv ratchet and clank. its not like i need a very cool commercial to buy the game. . . but it is an amusing bonus:p

Also the dude`s expression at the end of the 2nd commercial...priceless xD

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
The montage one was a really good commercial. The other one was merely ok.

Still, more Kevin Butler is a good thing for Sony. I bet he'll become their "face", just how people associate Reggie and Miyamoto to Nintendo, and Molynuex/Gates to Microsoft. And that isn't a bad thing.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
Definitely an improvement over the mad days. Still doesn't compel me to buy them though, I'm quite content with my 360, Wii and DS.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Another Kevin Butler commercial that made me laugh out loud. Ah, they finally got the marketing right.

mrx19869

Jun 17, 2009
i like the one with uncharted 2 and the gf who watches it cause she thinks its a movie...

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
I spotted three Assassin's Creed moments in that.

Sorry.

Oh Sony, how I wuv woo. Woov winally weelised wat woo weed weffective wadvertising.

Done.