Is TF2 Perfect?

Nov 21, 2007
TF2 Is awesome. I think everyone has become immune to spies, though, (Yes, I know that's not the game's fault) but the spy seems just about to make a kill as the other person shoots you with barely any motivation.
Also the 360 version is still great. I think a comment Yahtzee made in his witcher review rings true now.

ChaosStep

Dec 28, 2007
Its average, it generally feels like filler added to the orange box for the sake of it having an online feature like all games do these days (including some that clearly shouldnt).
Unlike most if not all online fps' kills and deaths are completely unimportant its more about standing on the round thing or grabbing the briefcase if you can get past the team of turrets then repeat.
I only felt impressed when people were actually tricked by the spy's disguises... altho it eventually came down to 'Disguise - Stab - invisible - Change Disguise - Stab again'

Its fun to play if you just want a skirmish with a few folk, if you can get past constantly going into laggy games because the hosts names are so long they cut off the ping bar in the lobby.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
ChaosStep said:
Its average, it generally feels like filler added to the orange box for the sake of it having an online feature like all games do these days (including some that clearly shouldnt).
Unlike most if not all online fps' kills and deaths are completely unimportant its more about standing on the round thing or grabbing the briefcase if you can get past the team of turrets then repeat.
I only felt impressed when people were actually tricked by the spy's disguises... altho it eventually came down to 'Disguise - Stab - invisible - Change Disguise - Stab again'

Its fun to play if you just want a skirmish with a few folk, if you can get past constantly going into laggy games because the hosts names are so long they cut off the ping bar in the lobby.
Um, you kind of screwed up a bunch of things here.
1. COD4, Halo 3, Crysis, and UT3 have all had special gamemodes that had more attention than their deathmatch mode. And while TF2 has the distinction of not having ANY deathmatch mode, this is partially due to balancing the classes, and providing a need for people to push ahead.
2. Most of the people I play with can recognize spies pretty well, and when playing as one I can assure you there's a lot more to think about; failure to use the right disguise, forgetting how long it takes to apply the disguise; poof. Your cover's blown, and you're screwed.
3. Some classes are a bit basic to play as, yes, and aren't so impressive. But that's certainly not the case everywhere; sniping a scout in midair, killing someone with a melee weapon, catching someone with an unseen stickybomb, burning down a medic and his heavy...that normally impresses me.
3. My server list right now shows over 200 servers with ping under 100. Of those, 35 went past the server name space, but it just cuts off with a "..." there.

[HD]Rob Inglis

Jan 8, 2008
Katana314 said:
ChaosStep said:

Um, you kind of screwed up a bunch of things here.
1. COD4, Halo 3, Crysis, and UT3 have all had special gamemodes that had more attention than their deathmatch mode. And while TF2 has the distinction of not having ANY deathmatch mode, this is partially due to balancing the classes, and providing a need for people to push ahead.
2. Most of the people I play with can recognize spies pretty well, and when playing as one I can assure you there's a lot more to think about; failure to use the right disguise, forgetting how long it takes to apply the disguise; poof. Your cover's blown, and you're screwed.
3. Some classes are a bit basic to play as, yes, and aren't so impressive. But that's certainly not the case everywhere; sniping a scout in midair, killing someone with a melee weapon, catching someone with an unseen stickybomb, burning down a medic and his heavy...that normally impresses me.
3. My server list right now shows over 200 servers with ping under 100. Of those, 35 went past the server name space, but it just cuts off with a "..." there.
Yeah, exactly. Dude I don't know If you play the Xbox one, but he computer version is just fantastic. If you want to just run around, the same character as everyone else just killing each other, just like every shoot not TF2, then go play one of those.