Is there a way to fix my phone?

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
So I had a long day at work, and my phone's battery died. No big deal. It's happened a few times, and I can leave it at the store to charge (I work at a pizza place) for an hour or so to get it to 50% or more which'll last me the rest of the day. Only problem is that this time my phone is completely messed up. It needed to download/update several apps, my home screen was back to default status, and all of my save games are completely wiped (including that my phone thinks I need to create a new Google Play account to sign-in), and alert sounds seem to have been randomized.

After thinking a bit, it occurred to me that someone at work most likely tried to crack my password and caused my data to be wiped, because I can't imagine why else it would be having these issues. Question is, is there a way to reverse this and get my data back to normal? Tomorrow I'm gonna head to the store and see if they can tell me anything, but if someone knows something I can do on my own to save me the trip, then all the better. Thanks in advance.

walterwhite

Jul 5, 2016
Maybe it's a problem with your SIM or SD card? Did you try to change the phone for a while with your current cards?

SnowyGamester

Tech Head
Oct 18, 2009
Either that or some critical software or hardware failure has caused the same effect but some shenanigans are probably the most likely cause. Unfortunately if that's the case then your settings partition will have been wiped and your options are limited.

If you had your Google account set to sync stuff then some of your settings and apps should repopulate when you log back in. More recent versions of Android are designed to back up more and more stuff but if you're running an older version then you'll probably only get the apps to redownload themselves and your contacts if they're attached to your account.

For future: use root and custom recovery. Backup app data with Titanium Backup and make occasional full flashable backups for safety.