Is there actually proper Minecraft support?

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
First off, I bought Minecraft when it was in Alpha. Then I only played it for a week or two after it went into Beta. I hadn't played for a few days over 8 months, and just got the urge to play again a week ago.

I booted it up and definitely expected to do a lot of updating, but when I pressed the log in button, it said it failed. I knew my what my user name was, so I thought that I might have forgot my password. So went to the site for a password retrieval, I did that and waited for a couple days and got no e-mail. To test out if there was another problem, I did the retrieval for my username, but it said that there was no account set up for the e-mail I was giving them. That couldn't be right because I only have one e-mail I use for game accounts.

My question is: Where can I get help with this problem?

After looking through the Minecraft site, I haven't seen anything that remotely resembles a link to something or someone at the company that could help me with the problem. There is a sort of support link to a message site, but there hasn't been an answer given on it for two months and I did leave a message for the heck of it, and it has been five days with no reply.

I still have the e-mail notification from Paypal that shows that I bought it in Alpha, but I can't find a proper place to get help.

I thought I remember that people that bought it in Alpha weren't going to have to pay for any of the updates. I hope that I don't have to buy the beta as well, because I don't have the money for it.

Please help. The only thing I could think of is trying to message Notch somehow, but that seems rather silly that I would have to do that.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
J_Monsterface said:
i support you
Ha ha ha, very funny. You're relatively new, but I'll just recommend you watch out with the content posts. It was a funny joke, but under the moderation standards of this site, that would constitute a possible warning, because other than it being a joke, the post was of no value and was off topic since this is the advice forum and you didn't give any advice.

-----------------

I thought there were a lot of people on this site that play Minecraft, does not one of you have the info I am looking for.

Aitur

Jan 1, 2011
There's plenty that play minecraft, but not many read the advice forum it seems.
Anyway, on the minecraft forums there is this thread [http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/524445-minecraft-account-help-read-before-posting/] which tells you what to do with account issues.
But in short you need to follow this link [http://www.minecraft.net/support/] and I'd guess go down the hacked route to get them to reset your password and email (I skimmed the thread above so don't take my word on the route to take).

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
Pickled Soul said:
There's plenty that play minecraft, but not many read the advice forum it seems.
Anyway, on the minecraft forums there is this thread [http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/524445-minecraft-account-help-read-before-posting/] which tells you what to do with account issues.
But in short you need to follow this link [http://www.minecraft.net/support/] and I'd guess go down the hacked route to get them to reset your password and email (I skimmed the thread above so don't take my word on the route to take).
I really didn't want to go that route(I've seen that page before) since, I don't believe my account has been hacked, but who knows, it might have been.

I set it off, but I feel iffy about the receipt ID, usually I save a picture of all ID #'s just in case I have to deal with something like this, but I couldn't find one on my computer.

So the only thing I can think of is that they possibly wanted the transaction ID from the receipt I got from Paypal when I bought the game in Alpha. If they e-mail me that the ID is the wrong one, maybe I can forward the Paypal receipt to them as proof.

But now that I think about it, I might have been hacked, because I see no reason that after 8 months, my account disappears and the automated system tells me there isn't an account attached to my e-mail.

Thanks for the help at least, you coaxed me into trying something I really didn't think about doing.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Sorry th
Sonic Doctor said:
First off, I bought Minecraft when it was in Alpha. Then I only played it for a week or two after it went into Beta. I hadn't played for a few days over 8 months, and just got the urge to play again a week ago.

I booted it up and definitely expected to do a lot of updating, but when I pressed the log in button, it said it failed. I knew my what my user name was, so I thought that I might have forgot my password. So went to the site for a password retrieval, I did that and waited for a couple days and got no e-mail. To test out if there was another problem, I did the retrieval for my username, but it said that there was no account set up for the e-mail I was giving them. That couldn't be right because I only have one e-mail I use for game accounts.

My question is: Where can I get help with this problem?

After looking through the Minecraft site, I haven't seen anything that remotely resembles a link to something or someone at the company that could help me with the problem. There is a sort of support link to a message site, but there hasn't been an answer given on it for two months and I did leave a message for the heck of it, and it has been five days with no reply.

I still have the e-mail notification from Paypal that shows that I bought it in Alpha, but I can't find a proper place to get help.

I thought I remember that people that bought it in Alpha weren't going to have to pay for any of the updates. I hope that I don't have to buy the beta as well, because I don't have the money for it.

Please help. The only thing I could think of is trying to message Notch somehow, but that seems rather silly that I would have to do that.
Sorry this post is late, but i might be able to help.
Re-download the minecraft.exe off their website. At about Beta 1.5 they changed the launcher to a new one, and after a while the old-style launcher (yours) Stopped working all together, coming up with the "Login Failed" message, Hope this helped!

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
latiasracer said:
Re-download the minecraft.exe off their website. At about Beta 1.5 they changed the launcher to a new one, and after a while the old-style launcher (yours) Stopped working all together, coming up with the "Login Failed" message, Hope this helped!
Sorry I was late updating this thread, because I actually fixed it a week and a half ago doing exactly what you said.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Sonic Doctor said:
latiasracer said:
Sorry I was late updating this thread, because I actually fixed it a week and a half ago doing exactly what you said.
Ehe... I Meant to tell you earlier, But my Tardis went of course i guess.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
latiasracer said:
Sonic Doctor said:
Well, that is because you have a "Tardis" and not a "TARDIS". Acronyms move better through time and space.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Sonic Doctor said:
latiasracer said:
Sonic Doctor said:
Well, that is because you have a "Tardis" and not a "TARDIS". Acronyms move better through time and space.
Blast. That's what you get when you buy it on the cheap in a carpark.