Is there any game where the main character has an accent?

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
I still think the abominable writing would've been much more tolerable if they gave the Prince of Persia a thick Arabian accent.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Amnestic said:
frank220 said:
I don't know if this counts but the Brother Captain from the first Dawn of War has a weird pseudo-British accent.
SPESS MEHRENS!?
I have watched that video...I don't know, 20 times now, but I'm still in stitches when I see it. Thanks, you made my day.

Anyway, Nico from GTA4 has an Eastern-European accent (who the héll thought that was Italian?!) and I also gave my character in Saints Row 2 an accent.

MattyboyJ

Sep 11, 2008
Lukeje said:
The title is misleading; they still have an accent, even if it's from North America.

And on topic, Simon the Sorceror and Discworld both have main characters with British accents (Chris Barrie and Eric Idle respectively) .
By that logic, to all us brits, most games have main characters with american accents.

skintrade

CSS Ninja
Aug 18, 2009
i can't believe noone has mentioned the Stalker games for lots of non-american accents

halonut117

Dec 10, 2008
Armed and Dangerous. It's a little old but The main characters had all the best accents, proper British, slummy British, Scottish, German, and crotchety old man.

Also it was fun and funny as hell.

Etab

Mar 13, 2008
Broken sword, well one of your main characters, the chick, has a french accent. I guess the guy is american....

Sombra Negra mentioned Republic commando, I believe the accent is new zealand, as I think they hired the same actor to do the voices as who played boba fett, and hence all the clones, in star wars ep 1-3.

In saints row 2 you have the option to give your character a thick cockney accent.

Elder scrolls oblivion has lizard man and cat people accents, but main character is silent.

People are mentioning a lot of games where the main character doesn't actually talk, is Far Cry 2 like this? Lots of great south african accents there! Someone mentioned Nico Bellic being italian, they need to play the godfather 2!! :D

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
To break the mould of 'This topic is stupid' and 'Niko Bellic' I shall say Ryu Hayabusa, he is Japanese.

Cid SilverWing said:
GTA4's Nico Bellic has one, him being Italian.
I am going to go with you joking on this one.