Is there any game you have beaten that you didn't want to end?

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Both Mass Effect games. I just wanted to continue being awesome as Shepard... (I know you can in 2 but you eventually run out of things to do...). Also, I seem to recall not wanting The Witcher 2 to end - stupid cliffhanger ending...

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
EdwardOrchard said:
I get this from books ALL the time, but never once (that I can recall) from a game. I'm a terrible gamer and rarely ever beat one, and usually when I do I find myself struggling to finish it... At the end, I just want it to be over with already.
Yea. I still find books superior in this respect as well as many others.
There are very few games I feel this way about: Fallout 3 (they eventually extended it past the ending but not far enough; it could've kept on going for me), San Andreas (After finishing everything, I started making up my own missions), and Katamari Damacy (I would've loved a stage editor for that one). Rez too but it was just too short.

Something else that happens with books: If I go to the Library and borrow a book, I get to read the whole book. there's nothing stupid like a couple of chapters missing in the middle for everyone but those who buy a new copy.

EdwardOrchard

Jan 12, 2011
GonzoGamer said:
Something else that happens with books: If I go to the Library and borrow a book, I get to read the whole book. there's nothing stupid like a couple of chapters missing in the middle for everyone but those who buy a new copy.
Heh, very true. However, I wont be surprised (disappointed, yes, but not surprised) if by the time the ipad 3 or 4 is around, book publishers will have found a way to make us pay for Book DLC.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
EdwardOrchard said:
GonzoGamer said:
Heh, very true. However, I wont be surprised (disappointed, yes, but not surprised) if by the time the ipad 3 or 4 is around, book publishers will have found a way to make us pay for Book DLC.
I wouldn't be surprised if they try however I don't think it will last too long. We're talking about two completely different types of consumers and I think readers are much more savvy consumers than gamers (for proof look at the difference in price for new & used books and compare them to the difference between most new & used prices for games) and wont be as supportive of schemes like that. Gamers will not only fall for these schemes but will go and defend them. Why? I'm not sure: probably either because they have already paid for all this and that and don't want to look like a sucker or they really believe that game publishers are on the brink of bankruptcy.

Esper Empress

May 10, 2011
I'm gonna go and say Catherine, yes the gameplay was difficult, but I think they made it difficult to cover up how short the storyline really is. It makes me sad because the storyline was so interesting and made me want to play it longer. Then again, there are several different endings, so I think that's why they did it...

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Persona 4 for me. I loved the humorous cutscenes and got really attached to the characters. Sadly, on my second playthrough, the cutscenes had gone from fun to annoying, since I had already heard everyone once before, making the experience only half as fun as it was before.

Raijha

Aug 23, 2010
Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and KoTor. Any of those games, if they added new story that went on and on and I could play forever just to enjoy the awesome story/setting involved in each (except Deus Ex, that one was all gameplay) I would be very happy to do so.....

oh wait, thats right

http://www.fallout-on-line.com/

and

http://www.swtor.com/

Wanderer787

Mar 14, 2011
I have several actually.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. I don't remember how many hundreds of hours it took me to get through my first playthrough, but I remember I couldn't wait to get back into the world once I was "done."
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I played that game through about 5 times when I was younger.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It just seemed so short, even though it took me 20+ hours to beat.

baconbaby299

May 7, 2011
Fallout 3, New Vegas, Portal 2, Half Life 2, Arkham Asylum, Thief 2, Thief 3 and Bioshock. Even the DLC for FO3 didn't give me enough awesome game world. That about sums it up.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Shenmue - I was so attached to Yokosuka and it's inhabitants. BEST GAME EVER.
Okami - I want to explore the Celestial Plain.
Fallout 3 - I'd love to explore more new places with Three-Dog (AOOOOOH!!!) and Galaxy News Radio floating through my ears.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
In no particular order...

1. Deus Ex - The original. Freakin' love this game to an unhealthy degree. The graphics and combat may not have been particularly great, but I absolutely love the characters, universe, and story. I'd love to see the team that made DXHR remake it, especially if they include the MASSIVE amount of content that was officially cut to meet deadlines (like the White House level, Zhao mining facility level on the moon, the ability to stick with UNATCO, etc.). And honestly, all of that cut content is why I really wish the game wouldn't end when I play it, because in the back of my mind I know that in a perfect world it would keep right on going. I think I read somewhere that the Deus Ex that hit the shelves was only like a quarter or so of the content that they had originally planned.

2. System Shock 2 - Absolutely love this game. I love its blend of action and survival/horror. I love the build-up and execution of the SHODAN plot, and the whole "enemy of my enemy" theme from there on out. I love the audio logs and the story they tell. I always feel a little upset when I leave the UNN Von Braun for the Rickenbacker, because I wish there was just more of the Von Braun to explore. The fact that they made me wish I could explore more of the ship is a sign to me that it was just an incredibly well-made game.

3. Fallout / Fallout 2 / Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel / Fallout: New Vegas - Omission of Fallout 3 intentional as I wasn't particularly impressed by it or any of its many continuity errors, particularly involving the Brotherhood of Steel. As for the other games... I just love them. I haven't been able to find too many post-apocalyptic RPGs, which I love (especially considering how stale fantasy settings have gotten to me), and none with the widespread use of popular culture references, cheesy Americana, and dark humor which give the Fallout games their charm. I love the stories, I love the characters, I love the universe, and I love the style. Just wish they'd never end.

4. Dead Space / Dead Space 2 - Though I don't think these games are as good as System Shock 2, they still feel a lot like it to me in atmosphere. That nice blend of Event Horizon and Aliens that make for a good action and survival/horror hybrid. Because they feel somewhat like System Shock 2, it feels like the extension to SS2 that Bioshock failed to deliver (not that Bioshock was bad, I liked it just fine, I just don't really feel like it lived up to expectations), which makes me happy. So I wish these games would never end for similar reasons that I wish SS2 wouldn't end.

Indyca Wylde

Aug 3, 2011
Definitely Final Fantasy X...I've got 3 different game saves and each has over 350+ hours on them.

Diminished Capacity

Dec 15, 2010
Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door.

I spent a good 80 hours 100%ing that game. Everything from sidequests to item creation. The humor was pleasantly cutting at times, and the characters had personality. The best part is, Mario doesn't really talk. I haven't ever been able to tolerate that, which is why the last Mario game I played was SMB 3 on the NES.

Captain_Fantastic

Jun 28, 2011
from memory i can say tales of legendia and pre much any other rpg i enjoyed i think most can agree after being a part of a good story for a while you get into it as if it were an alternate life and when it ends you get hit with this wave of . awww what am i gonna do now