Is there any handheld/console game that you wish was ported to PC?

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
>.>

Ya'll know you can play emulated games, right? It's even legal if you own a legit copy of it. FFX with high-res graphics package is absolutely stunning. Pretty much anything PS2 era and before is easily emulated. Hell, most smartphones these days can run GBC and GBA games just fine, PCs are more than capable.

Aside from that... TLoU and Unfinished Swan. Swan was one of the most enjoyable and lighthearted indie titles I've played, and would be great to show to people unfamiliar with gaming as a hook to draw them in (since typically the darker, grittier games have "press x to not die" mechanics which kills them too often, even indie ones like limbo). Just a damn shame it was PS3 exclusive, lol.

sovietmisaki

Sep 2, 2012
Patapon, to this day, I got those songs stuck in my head.
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, and Peace Walker. Hell, almost every entry of the MGS series that hasn't been ported to PC yet.
maybe Zone of the Enders as well.
the Kingdom Hearts series
the Jak and Daxter series
The Sly Cooper series
Tales of Vesperia
The Ace Combat series (Assault Horizon.... doesn't exactly count... )
The God of War series
I may have forsaken the consoles due to disagreements with corporate policy, yet I have never forsaken an awesome gaming past with console games for most of my childhood. now if emulation wasn't such a major pain in the hind quarters...

Wedgetail122

Jul 13, 2011
I know that the first 7 Ace Combat games are at their best using a hand held controller, but I would still really appreciate it if I could find a nice retail copy of them ported onto PC, other than Assault Horizon (which is still good but relatively weak compared to the rest). A HD remake perhaps with controller and joystick functionality, that would be a dream come true.

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
Journey
The game is beautiful and I would love to experience it for myself, but I do not want to buy a PS3 just for that game. I'd also want to connect to the internet so I could play with someone, but I I don't like hooking a console up to the internet. I prefer to just use my computer for that.

Galen Marek

Dec 5, 2011
Dragon's Dogma
Time Splitters 3

I can't think of anything else that when I played I went "man, I wish this was on my computer".

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
You people without Vita really need to play Soul Sacrifice.

You want to. You just don't know it yet.

So yeah. That's my choice.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
AuronFtw said:
>.>

Ya'll know you can play emulated games, right? It's even legal if you own a legit copy of it. FFX with high-res graphics package is absolutely stunning. Pretty much anything PS2 era and before is easily emulated. Hell, most smartphones these days can run GBC and GBA games just fine, PCs are more than capable.
This is true, but it is much harder to hack a ROM than it is to mod a PC game(and you are generally much more limited in what you can do). Additionally, there are some aspects of a game that would naturally be improved with a change of platform. For instance, my pick(though I would just as gladly take them on console as PC) would be an HD remake of the handheld Castlevania series, particularly the excellent Aria/Dawn of Sorrow games. I never really liked the 3D branch of the series, and would love to see the more traditional sidescrollers with detailed sprites and environments.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
I pretty much wish all handheld titles would make their way onto PC, as I rarely engage in handheld games, yet they seem the be the last bastion of RPG's.

I do believe I read about some hackjob where one could use an AppleTV to connect their 3DS to their TV, but I have yet to test this, and do not wish to waste $100 on an AppleTV until I can be sure.

Cette

Legacy
Dec 16, 2011
Country
US
Alma Mare said:
Bayonetta. Bayonetta. And Bayonetta.

I'm waiting to find a bargain on current gen console so I can finally play the freaking game. Speaking of which, how does the PS3 fare against the 360 version after the patches?
Pretty much exactly this. Including the question on whether they ever fixed the PS3 version up. I seem to recall it had more exclusives that I wanted overall plus general spite against Microsoft.

Red Dead Redemption is on the list of games that I still understand why it's not on the PC already.

Jiffex

Dec 11, 2011
Really surprised to see no one mention Monster Hunter. I would also have Ni No Kuni and Dragon's Dogma:DA.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Gonna chalk another one up for Dragon's Dogma. I actually held off the PS3 purchase for a while because Capcom was dithering about as to whether they were going to port the game to PC. But then that went the way of the dinosaurs.

Aside from that, pretty much anything and everything ATLUS makes. Yeah.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
The Resistance trilogy, then it's excellent co-operative game modes and great multiplayer from the first 2 games will be immortalised with a strong fan following and private servers rather than suffering a relatively untimely death at Sony's hands.

Easily one of my favourite IP's of last gen consoles, which I could keep playing them online but alas soon it will be no more.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Neronium said:
Pretty much most JRPGs since PC gaming really doesn't have as many JRPGs as consoles and handhelds do.
Other than that, I suppose I would love if some of the old Tony Hawk games, or mainly things like American Wasteland and the Thug games, would be ported to the PC because it'd offer probably a slew of more mods and customization.
Tony Hawks games are ported to the PC already, although the modding community is not as large as youd hope for.

My personal choice is every single good JRPG. Mostly Shin Megami Tensei Titles.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Jasper van Heycop said:
I want Fable 2, us PC gamers get Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fable III (urgggh) but Fable 2 hasn't even been announced

Oh and some party-based (J)RPG's, I can't get enough of those and I've played all the Bioware/Obsidian stuff already

The DRM-free version of Diablo 3 the consoles get, on that note pretty much that for every game that has to get the retarded Steam/Origin/Uplay stuff and is playable on console without even requiring Internet
You could always play The Last Remnant if you're really jonesing for a JRPG on PC fix. Then again its not the best of representations...

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Pretty much anything in the Final Fantasy Tactics series or any of the NIS strategy titles. I love grid based strategy games but having to rely on a controller to interact with the game is annoying.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Pokemon franchise. I am really interested in it, but sadly not enough to buy another handheld for it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Pretty much any game, as long as I can still play with a controller. If I could run my whole library off my PC?

Mmmmmmmmmmm....