Is there anything the Xbone has done right?

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Want to know what the Xbone did right? Announced a new Halo and Gears of War.

It is literally all they had to say.

I hate it with every fiber of my being, and typing this makes me want to drink myself into a coma with a bottle of Jagermeister, but the Xbone will sell as well as the 360 did. For every "gamer" in a rage about the system, there is a clueless consumer who will buy it at Christmas because his kid wants it. Halo and Gears of War will bring back the fans of those games regardless of Xbone's problems.

Why? BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE PREDICTABLE. A human is not, people are. PEOPLE ARE SHEEP. I would wager that half the people who buy the system will have heard none of what has got the gaming world in a frenzy.

The returns will probably be fairly substantial, but by that point Microsoft can point to the sales numbers and make the claim that every intrusive and douchebag measure they did was accepted by gamers.

Keneth

Oct 14, 2011
They haven't even tried to market it as a game console. Which, in my opinion, is a brilliant marketing strategy. Since no one is ever going to play games on this thing.

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
Digital downloads = +1 point for me
Controller = 0 shits given
OP mention home media system, only problem being, I already have a blu-ray, tablet, pc, smart tv etc, which can do the xbox 1's features equally as well or better.

Apr 5, 2008
It has pretty good hardware specs. With 8GB RAM and a capable CPU/GPU, it means that not only can it handle significantly more processing than the 360, the PC can finally make a tiny bit more use of its power with any future console ports made to take advantage of the next gens hardware.

Shame everything else about the platform shouts "Stay Away".

Single Shot

Jan 13, 2013
TrevHead said:
Atm we only have Steam / PC to compare to and if you do the X1 is much more consumer friendly in regards to it's DRM, atleast you can sell your games for cash compared to Steam which only has trading for unused games that haven't been tied to an account. Also the X1 allows 1 other family member to log on with another X1, steam doesn't have that.
Wait. I think you've missed something. On steams the games people buy are usually 50-90% off when people buy them so they don't care that the game can't be resold because they got it at second-hand price. On all consoles currently you're paying full price for months after release and it's never dropping that low. Plus you still have other companies like GOG, Green Man Gaming, or Origin if you're retarded and like spyware, you can check them for deals too.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
It helped push a good chunk of people to the PC.

Ok, honest one?

I like the idea of unifying everything into one place.

That's actually why I'm a PC gamer, I can have everything in one place.

The Xbone did just about everything else wrong though and even the unification thing is a bit crap because all you have is an extremely locked-down, bloatware ridden, anti-consumer PC in the end.

MetalMonkey74

Jul 24, 2009
"Bring console power up to the ability of present PC gaming systems"

What they announced a few weeks ago is already lagging behind present PC builds. You can get the PC equivalent of the Xbox graphics controller for about $120 - which is a low-mid range card in the PC world. Which means, by the time they launch, they're already a generation behind.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
all the tv and sports stuff is great... for people who actually care about that stuff.

but the fast startup and UI are great for everyone.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
They've got Remedy working for them, something which makes me sad. I really hope the quantum whatever will be a timed exclusive and wind up on PC in the end.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
It raised Sony's stocks about ten percent.

That's money in peoples' pockets.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
They made the PS4 and Wii U look better.

That's good. Just not for themselves.

Jaeger_CDN

Aug 9, 2010
The Xbone has helped maintain my confidence that Steve Ballmer has no idea what consumers want with respect to what Microsoft produces (Win pnones, tablets of all M$ flavours, and Win8).

targren

May 13, 2009
You don't have to put a kitten in a blender to power it?

Other than that... I guess they didn't change the controller that already worked on the 360?