is this allowed to happen

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Worgen said:
thats damn weird, they sound like trolls, chances are you arnt banned, they just said that to appease a "crying" woman

Assuming your story is true, Im fairly sure they decided to just fuck with you the moment they saw you for some weird reason.
I agree. Those people sound like trolls. They were shocked when they saw a young person eating steak in a cafe? Are they surprised to see people drinking a beer in a bar? Because that seems about as likely.

OT: I'd try going back and asking the talk to the cook/manager. Try to explain what happened and see if they will allow you to continue eating there. Odds are that they saw a "14 year old brat" making a woman cry and decided that the kid was automatically wrong.

As for me. If someone told me that eating a steak was wrong, because it was murder, I'd simply reply by licking my lips and saying, "Man, that was some good murder. I'll having to have more murder later." And then walking away. But, I'm a dick like that.

dexxyoto

Mar 24, 2009
You have my full sympathies as this is unacceptable and I'm sorry to say your age probably worked against you here. If it happens again or something similar to this looks to occur, get the manager. They are a higher authority because as soon as the cook comes out and sees a teenager and an older woman in tears they immediately blame you. By getting the manager as soon as they sit down beside you, you have taken the high ground and shown you're the one being bothered.

My vote is go to the paper. write or fax in a short summary of this event (Don't go in person, again the age thing) as long as it's well written and such the same as your post here they likely should run it. Write it to the editor or as a short opinion piece if you think that will improve your chances or contact a journalist who often does local pieces. You know your local paper better than I do. As long as it's short and fairly concise (Maybe don't repeat the entire conversation just state they were talking about you and then approached and began berating you for eating meat) you have a decent chance of it being printed. I'd not necessarily suggest including the name of the place as it may seem petty the people involved will recognize themselves. That should be sufficient.

Best of luck.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Oh its perfectedly ALLOWED to happen. the question is should it happen? if thats the case, well, no, not really. you should have been able to present your side.

Though I wouldnt have handled the situation any better. Iw ould have just cut up steak while they were talking and made it look like i was listening and flicking it at them to they stopped talking and left.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Those people sound DUMB. It's ok though, you'll live. And just go back to the café like you always have. Just have a good conversation with the cook / guy in charge about the situation and why you really mind being banned from your favourite restaurant. Just take it easy, don't get angry (understand them; at that time it was the easiest way out for them, it might not have been the RIGHT thing to do, but you can set that straight yourself.

Oh and good job on calling them out on the fish. That's pretty hilarious.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
It's not really fair, but then again you fed the troll by responding, so it's kinda your own fault as well.

The smart thing to do would've just been to ignore her. Either she gets offended, starts yelling at you, and then gets herself banned, then you would never have to risk dealing with her, or she just gives up and walks away in a huff.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Wow that is shocking, I cannot stand those type of people. Hope you can get yourself unbanned from the place with a simple explanation.

I personally would have explained to them that I have never eaten a living breathing animal. All the animals I've eaten have been already dead.

Hamtier

Oct 16, 2010
you shouldve just said thanks for the info and flicked em off.

but seeing as you wanted somewhat of a confrontation,
you shouldve just stopped at their 1st disagreement.
(cause seriously,why should you care anymore)

anyways,i think you can just return to that café,and if they mention your ban just explain what happend calmly.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Hamish Durie said:
Ok I was sitting in the little cafe on the corner of my street enjoying a nice tasty steak when outside I see a couple walking by and the weoman poiting at me then whispering to her husband/boyfriend.
I warn you this is pretty long

They come in and take a seat next to mine probably I would've just left but be dammed i'm not going to stop eating this steak because of to random people pointing at me.
so I go back to eating and then i hear small snippets of the couples conversation "do you think we should tell him? "It's our duty he doesn't know what hes doing" i very much wanted to believe that they where talking about someone else to I did.
Just as I was about to leave the couple stand up and walk over to my table and "do you know what your doing is wrong?" "huh?" "do you know you just ate a living thing breathing innocent animal"" "my steak?" "yes your steak" "I take it your both vego?".
After a small discussion that had people on the other tables half looking half eating we then came to the conclusion that I was wrong for eating meat and that I should change my ways before I do anymore damage.........needless to say I didn't agree and then the man stopped talking as the weoman grew louder and louder while we argued over who was right but it's hard to win an argument when somebody has logic armour and can't hear what your saying.
After awhile of arguing I noticed something they had orded fish I had them now and mabye I could go home and ferget about this.
So after asking them If they both vegetariens to the bone and they both nodded I then pointed at the half eaten fish and said "then whats that" "It's fish" she replied haven't you ever seen one before? after pointing out that fish's where also living breathing innocent animals the lady then fell on her mans shoulder and started crying, at this time everyone at the cafe was looking.
The cook came out wondering wth was going on and why was there a weoman cryin in the middle of his diner. before I could get a word out she pointed at me and said he did it he horrible....I won't go into deatails don't want to get banned

long story short I was banned from my favourite cafe because of a crazy woman claiming that i was satan in disguise and then i called her out and I get screwed over. WHAT THE HELL!
Ive heard that "life is not fair get over it" but this is'nt life being unfair this is life pulling out a hunting rifle and making a trophy out of me.

edit: age 14 if that helps explain it
I suggest you try to explain the situation to the cafe people at some point - possibly with a parent to make it legit - that you are neither the spawn of Satan nor a horrible person and that the woman was a crazy fucking ***** who singled you out to be victimized and you don't deserve it. Frankly, if you raise a stink about improper treatment, most restaurants and the like will apologize and make amends so as to keep the waters tame, so to speak.

superstringz

Jul 6, 2010
Question"You know you're eating a living breathing animal right?"
Answer "Yup. It was still mooing when I fed it combine reaper. After sifting through the fallout for this hunk of flesh I celebrated by locking a cat in a box with a vial of cyanide, setting a forest on fire, and jaywalking across the street to get here. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to calibrate my rifle so I can go hunt puppies."

Bonus points if she believes you.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Wow, that's quite a bad case of cultural hatred you got there. The fact that she called you Satan spawn only solidifies the fact that she was quite a pious Christian.

Christian and hate crimes? Surely not.

But yeah, expect nothing less. Christianity broods this sort of stuff. Only a few Christians escape this sad side effect it has.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
Damn man that's major setup by some real crazy ass people. I would talk it out to the chef and the owner about what happened.

This is why I don't like eating in public or at lease with random people around me. I don't like being judged about what and why I'm eating something. I have a short temper with people that act like that. I would have confronted them the moment I knew they were talking about me. I would have asked nicely what were they talking about and if it was negative that they needed to stop. Yet if they get confrontational I would paid my bill and left because of my short temper and low tolerance for bullshit. I'll hit somebody when they get in my face and start yelling stupid shit no matter who they are.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
I just think you're lying.

Why is a fourteen year old alone in a cafe eating steak? What are the chances that two vegetarians would actually go up to a lone teenager and start debating morals with him? What are the chances that out of the whole cafe they would choose him? Why wouldn't he just ignore them? Why would the cook have kicked him out?

TFielding

Apr 12, 2010
Richardplex said:
Jodah said:
Always remember, if a cow had a chance it would eat you and everyone you love.
And if it was wrong to eat cows, it would of evolved to not be so absurdly delicious.
Well, technically, we selectively bred them over time until they became the walking bags of meat that they are today. Which also sort of makes them Genetically Modified Food.

OT
It would have been better to ignore them. Also, at least they're better than the vegetarians who eat Marshmallows.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
I've had something like that (then again I had a plate of spareribs, steak, bacon and so on, in a restaurant know for it's delicious salads. Do you know that what you're eating... bla bla bla.

Me: Yes, and it tastes goooood.

OhSnap

Feb 4, 2010
Nah, it shouldn't have happened. They shouldn't have started anything but you also shouldn't have responded at all.

So all parties involved are in the wrong.

fragmaster09

Nov 15, 2010
if they came up to you, you minding your own buisness and called you out on your beliefs, then that makes them ignorant pricks, and if they can't see that they are doing what they consider 'wrong' then they deserv a sharp awakening to that fact, you did NOTHING WRONG, you didn't break the law or any 'law' of ethics or anything like that, you defended yourself and they dishonestly claimed (i assume i'm right here) that you slapped her, that puts her even more in the wrong, not to mention they only went there for an argument, and you had the right to finish you steak, because you paid for it (i assume it was just you and it wasn't on the house), and the only real reason that you were banned was because 9/10 in life, if a woman claims you hit her, their word will be classed as gospel (a saying for 'they won't be questioned on whether it's true or not, it will be assumed they are right'), and since you are 14, that makes it worse, the chef saw it as a woman telling him that some teen hit her, stereotypes make him not believe you, and there is no way that you can prove that you didn't do anything(unless the CCTV is over your table...).

here's what to do:

-go to the chef and ask him POLITELY if you can see the CCTV from the day of the incident, and if it records audio, then that's even better, but if not, get him to watch it through to prove that you didn't hit her,

-if it has audio, get him to listen to it as well to prove that they started on you,

- if both those go to plan, ask him to sleep on whether you would be allowed back in