is this bad?

MicrosoftPaysMe

Mar 4, 2009
I think my GTA addiction has gotten out of hand, I see Trevor when I sleep. So should I stop playing, or stop sleeping?

Rylot

May 14, 2010
I used to do that when I was younger. I'd play a game for so many hours that I'd close my eyes and I'd still see the game. It was over Christmas break with my cousin and we'd play for like no joke more than twelve hours of games a day. I'm no scientist but it seems like when you over expose yourself to a particular visual media for an extended period your mind has issues no longer thinking about it. I'd go to bed dreaming about Link or Mario and my mind would be fine by the time I woke up. Made going to sleep a real bastard though!

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
I used to play Dragon Age: Origins to such an extent that when I took a walk in the nature-preserve near my home I was half-expecting Darkspawn to pop out of the woodworks, and kept looking over my shoulder. It wasn't paranoia, it wasn't planned, it was just pure instinct by then.

Red Line Wanderer

Dec 26, 2010
I once got something similar after playing a metric crapton of Crysis 2. (It had come preloaded on my laptop) I would sometimes see the HUD at the corners of my vision if I spaced out.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
My golden rule remains: if it's not significantly affecting your work/studies or your social life, you're fine.

I remember having the same thing with the worms games, a long time ago. Any set of objects started to look like a worms map: my desk, the kitchen counter, the trees outside my window...

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Same thing happened to me when I got the first Guitar Hero game. Whenever I tried to sleep I couldn't get the songs out of my head and I'd see the buttons coming towards me.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
MicrosoftPaysMe said:
I think my GTA addiction has gotten out of hand, I see Trevor when I sleep. So should I stop playing, or stop sleeping?
Are you sure you're asleep when you're seeing Trevor?

Have you considered the fact that he could have broken out into the real world and is stalking you... watching you sleep?

If you live near New York then that could be a very real possibility, as that's where he was last spotted:

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Pfft, I dream about work sometimes so by that logic I should quit work, but screw that. Just don't sleep.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
Chimpzy said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Yep, sleep's good. Sleep's your friend. Go sleep.
Just don't be surprised when you wake up next to a severed horse head.
Knowing Trevor, the head might actually be that of Mr. Raspberry Jam.

Who am I kiddin', he loves the little guy.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
Am I the only one that was surprised when Trevor (early game spoiler right when you meet Trevor)

Killed motherfucking Johnny K.

I was laughing hysterically.

OT: Yeah kid you should probably get some sleep if you are seeing Trevor IRL

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
After a year of playing Borderlands 2 I still can't gett enough of Pandora, I just like BL2 THAT much. I'm half expecting to see numbers pop up when I shoot someone in other games. Sleep however is important, sleep is your friend, sleep is good, sleep is better than sliced bread.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
I first played Okami in the winter, so there were a lot of bare trees. As I was on the tiring bus from college to home, I would often see inky circles forming on the trees as if I was trying to bloom them.

Though of course, like with Okami the game, it seems to have a different opinion on what a circle was because none of them bloomed :(

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Go sleep
Personally, I sometimes space out and think about the people in the room with me and which hero they look/act like and my mind start confining those two

Alleged Despair

Aug 25, 2010
That exact same thing happened to me with Bioshock once, several years ago. Similarly I went a long time playing Krieg recently in Borderlands 2 with the flame of the firehawk build. Sometimes I would feel the novas going off even if I wasn't playing the game.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
One piece of advice. Coffee! Make friends with it.

Also sleep is for the weak. REAL Gamers learn to rest their bodies with micro naps during load screens. :p

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
Just try playing as Michael or Franklin for a while instead. Less nightmare fuel.