Is This Fair?

Blizzarded Soul

Jan 27, 2010
So the town in which I live (in England) has 4 car parks. Only one of these car parks has a parking area for motorbikes, enough space to fit 3 to be precise. I'm training for a new job in the town and thought I could use this bike space, I got there and it was full. No other car park has bike spaces, so I went to another car park and used a car parking space. I didnt use the whole space there was enough space for another bike to park there next to mine, I also made sure that the space I picked was out of the way enough to not be a nuisance. So away I go to do my full day of training and I come back to find that I've been issued a parking fine. I feel that its simply not fair, I had no choice but to use this other car park. And even if I did pay to park there whats to stop someone from simply taking the ticket off of my bike during it's stay there. Should I feel discriminated because of my choice in transport and for the lack of motorcycle parking spaces in my town?
Your thoughts guys?

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Technically it is fair, but you should definitely kick up a fuss with your local council about it, I think.

Blue_vision

Elite Member
Mar 31, 2009
It sounds like you did something completely logical. And since motorcycles and regular cars should all generally be automobiles, I wouldn't think that you could get fined for that unless there's a sign or something saying "cars only" or "no bikes" or something. If there was such a sign, then you'd be in the wrong, but it doesn't seem to make much sense...

If there wasn't some indication that motorcycles weren't allowed in the spots, you should try to appeal the ticket. I've seen people get away with it for a lot worse.