Is this the Best E3 in Years?

BarryMcCociner

Feb 23, 2015
Best E3 in years? This E3 suffers from hardcore sequel syndrome.

Can anyone name one original IP showcased? Granted I've only watched Bethesda, EA and the back half of Nintendo's stream so far.

I was excited to see the new shit they had in store, I've been thoroughly disappointed.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
BarryMcCociner said:
Best E3 in years? This E3 suffers from hardcore sequel syndrome.

Can anyone name one original IP showcased? Granted I've only watched Bethesda, EA and the back half of Nintendo's stream so far.

I was excited to see the new shit they had in store, I've been thoroughly disappointed.
Unravel, Battleball, No Man's Sky
And speaking of Unravel:
https://38.media.tumblr.com/4c33d273fd23e05bd103c112c6c2b675/tumblr_nq1ladR2GU1rdsqzto4_250.gif
That presentation alone made this a great E3.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
BarryMcCociner said:
The Last Guardian, Horizon, No Man's Sky?

That's three right there, all of which are Triple-A.

OT: It's certainly better than the previous two years which were all about the sorta kinda next-gen consoles and how they were bound to getting some cool games in a few years or so. Looks like we're finally there.

Shame Nintendo is doing dick all when it comes to the Wii-U, except shovel more Amibo shit on it.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
It depends. EA and Nintendo fans aren't getting much this E3 but everyone else seems to be doing great. Sony, MS, Ubi, Sony and Squire all showed at least two games I really want to have.

But with me mainly being a Nintendo fan I find this E3 to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Las7

Nov 22, 2014
Marxie said:
Not really.

As in, people who claim that this was THE BEST E3 EVER are probably the ones who saw only one and jumped the hype train.
Exactly, I'm pleased that Platinum had such a presence but I'm not excited about all the games they are working on.

Otherwise I found that highlighting a Kickstarter on E3 is going to lead to next year's E3 to be filled with similar stunts. Which would be a shame because big studios and publishers shouldn't be using Kickstarter to gauge interest from the player base.

Also can't say I'm too excited about some of the new reveals on E3 because only a few of them had in-game footage. CGI Trailers need to be done away with - I'm looking at you Recore.

Horizon looks very nice, DOOM looks super generic, Deus Ex might be awesome.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
There were some superb titles this year that's for sure. And I've been following E3 since 1993. :p Biggest surprise probably being the FF7 remake. That and Dark Souls 3 are the games I'm really super excited for. Fallout 4 and Deus Ex look excellent as well. The only slight disappointment this year I can think of is a lack of new IPs. I'm always hoping for something new. :p

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I haven't really, been following it as usual, but it is fun to watch people get hyped for things that'll probably be massive disappointments. And when I say "fun" I mean exhausting.

Riot3000

Oct 7, 2013
I think this was the best E3 since I have been watching and paying attention to it.

I mean an FF7 remake was a running joke of how it will never happen and it will. There was a good mixture of sequels and new IPs. Also I have not seen it but there was way less pretty packages and more hard gameplay footage and I liked that.

This E3 was great 2015 seems like now gaming will hit its strides after launch disappointments and super hyped let downs.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Not really. I still think the one we had a few years ago (not last year) was good. Don't asked me which one.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
All I care about is I'm finally getting the Last Guardian, now I just need to get my hands on a PS4. But how do I raise the money for one? Hmm oh I got it.

Shine your shoes sir? sir? Sir! oh you son of a ***** you do not ignore me.

BarryMcCociner

Feb 23, 2015
Casual Shinji said:
BarryMcCociner said:
The Last Guardian, Horizon, No Man's Sky?

That's three right there, all of which are Triple-A.

OT: It's certainly better than the previous two years which were all about the sorta kinda next-gen consoles and how they were bound to getting some cool games in a few years or so. Looks like we're finally there.

Shame Nintendo is doing dick all when it comes to the Wii-U, except shovel more Amibo shit on it.
The Last Guardian isn't exactly fresh. Besides, I already know from the reveal trailer that the Dog-Bird thing's gonna die in the most predictable way.

No Man's Sky was showcased at E3 last year.

I know shit-all about Horizon but I'll check it out.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
On the whole, this probably has been the best E3 in years. It was weird to watch Microsoft talk about games for a majority of its show and weirder still when you realize that Call of Duty wasn't one of them. Sony's conference was so good that the Final Fantasy VII Remake and Last Guardian weren't the trailers they ended with (either of which alone would have been worthy of letting Sony 'win' E3 during any past year). Nintendo was a bit weaker but their focus on games releasing within the next few months was refreshing. It was a shame that their Smash direct leaked but taking that and the Mother release into account as parts of their whole show, I don't think they did as poorly as some claim they did. As for Square and Ubisoft, they both had at least one thing worth talking about in a positive way though for SE, I wouldn't have blue-balled the audience and for Ubi, I think ending with South Park would have been a smarter move than starting with it (Similarly, I think Nintendo should have dedicated the end of their Direct to Star Fox Zero). I'm generally more forgiving with Nintendo since they do Direct videos every few months anyway and it isn't uncommon for them to make larger announcements after trade shows instead of during them...because reasons.

The big bullet points for me this year though;

Dishonored 2
Doom
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Horizon(? I think...it was the PS4 thing that looks like BC with robots)
Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam
Shenmue 3
Star Fox Zero
Yokai Watch being localized

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
Xcom 2
Fallout 4
New DOOM
New Dishonored
Horizon
Last Guardian

Yeah, it's been pretty sweet. I might even need to get a frekking console for the latter 2 if they turn out to be any good.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Definitely the best E3 in years, but that speaks more about how bad previous ones were than how good this one was.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Yeah, but only because standards of previous recent E3s are unbelievably low; ranging from "Meh" to "false advertising".
I really don't have much to get excited about here.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
As a person who plays Nintendo, and doesn't own a (3)DS, I'm going to have to say it was a bit sad with this years E3. StarFox was announced and they showed some gameplay so that was nice, but not being there, able to try some of those games, this E3 for me was a bit dull. I wished they would've shown a little about the Zelda title that was pushed forward, stuff we didn't see at last years E3 or any directs.

As for the other announcements I've seen, it seemes to have been quite a good E3 overall, loads of new games for PS4 and Xbox1 showed.