Is Trick or Treating Dead?

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Considering that it's Halloween today I just wanted to ask a simple question: is trick or treating dead?

Certainly where I live it is. Last year we didn't get one single person knock at the door in comparison to previous years. What about you though? Is it still the thriving, life-blood of Halloween in your area?

Volstag9

Apr 28, 2008
The only reason that no one came along last year, is that there was a terrible storm that came through our area, and we still had 40 or so people come around. I lived at the edge of town too.

The years before that however Whether i was at home or going to a party or just hanging out with friends, i always saw hundreds of kids, pretty much everywhere, so no at least here it isn't dead.

Eddikins

Jul 1, 2010
It is in my area.

We havent had anyone come to our door for 3 years now. Although it might be different tonight.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
Not where I am it hasn't.
I've had so many annoying little kids come to my house and ask for candy.
Ugh.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Well... it's never been alive in my area. For one thing, we live in England where hardly anyone does it, and for another, there are about 5 people younger than 40 within about 3 miles of me right now.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Some kids still come round to our door, mostly because my mums a childminder so most kids know her through playgroups and parents.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Thankfully its dead where I am, most of the kids would rather go out clubbing than do trick or treat.

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
It is in England I think; I didn't get one last year. Not that I'm complaining.

It was never that popular to begin with.

Jumping_Over_Fences

Apr 15, 2009
It isn't dead, but it is definitely struggling on life support. Halloween around these parts usually ends before 7. That doesn't stop us from drinking and enjoying the night though

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
It's dead in Major Metropolitans (New York City to be specific).
While living in the ass end of New York State (Plattsburgh), I saw no kids trick or treating, save those walking into Ye Olde Wal-Mart.
Here in Florida? Well...it's gonna be the first Halloween here. At an apartment complex. The dice shall be rolled!

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
It's not dead where I live, but I've deffinately seen far fewer kids over the the last two years or so. I don't go trick or treating anymore, but scaring the hell out of kids is really fun.

SimplyTheWest

Jan 6, 2009
I hope it's dead, and I think it is dying in England, thank goodness. It is just a bit pointless really, never enjoyed it while I was younger, and I still don't.
Maybe I'm just grumpy...

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
ravensheart18 said:
wooty said:
Thankfully its dead where I am, most of the kids would rather go out clubbing than do trick or treat.
The 10 year olds go out clubbing?
It seems like it, I was out last night and most of the clubs were full of underage people. I saw my mates sister out and shes only 13, standards are lax around here.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I've never been, and we've never really had that many in all the areas I've lived.