Is your favorite Manga also your favorite Anime?

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Nope, my favorite manga is "Death Note", but I hate the anime. For anime, I juggle between Baccano!, Full Metal, Code Geass and Gurren Lagann.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Strain42 said:
Fairly simple yes or no question. Is the manga you enjoy reading the most the same as the anime you enjoy watching the most?
But I'd like to hear from others.
Yes.

Revolutionary Girl Utena.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_Girl_Utena

The anime and manga were team-planned by Chiho Saito and Kunihiko Ikuhara. Saito then drew/wrote the manga, while Ikuhara directed the anime.

When you plan something well, good things happen. ^^ Utena is the best anime/manga/television series of any sort ever. ^^

ConstantErasing

Sep 26, 2011
Well I tend to read mangas a lot more than I watch anime, and what I would consider my favorite usually depends on what I am into at the moment. However if I were to say what my general favorites at the moment in each are it would be:

Anime: Hellsing Ultimate, To Aru Majutsu no Index, and Lucky Star

Manga: The World God Only Knows (never seen the anime), Mahou Sensei Negima (the anime is only ok), Iris Zero (I doubt this has an anime), and Full Metal Alchemist (the anime was good but not as good)

So yeah no overlap at all. In fact, I can't remember ever having my favorite manga be my favorite anime.

Feb 26, 2011
I don't watch much anime. In my experience, the manga is almost always superior. When I do watch anime, it's usually because the anime came out BEFORE or is completely different from the manga, such as Code Geass or Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

Daggedawg

Dec 8, 2010
No, my favourite manga is Saint Oniisan, which as far as I know has not been made into an anime.

Favourite anime is Trigun. Or possibly One Piece.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Nope, my favorite manga is Rurouni Kenshin and my favorite anime is Clannad/Clannad After Story.

Lumin

Aug 31, 2011
No, the Claymore anime sucked shit. And... that ending. Dispicable.

Code Geass is my favorite anime.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Nope. That is not the case!

My favorite manga is Bokurano.

My favorite anime is Baccano.

They sound similar... but trust me... WAY different.

AceDefective

Mar 23, 2009
MammothBlade said:
Not really. I don't have any single favourite, but it's like this:

Anime
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Monster
Fairy Tail
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Serial Experiments Lain
Ghost in the Shell SAC

Manga
Mirai Nikki
Berserk
Battle Royale

I'm more of an anime person, but I read manga occassionally.
Thought I'd ask you since you said you are more of an anime person. Have you watched the Mirai Nikki anime adaptation?

OT- I don't really have a "favorite" it's more of a what I'm reading/watching now.
Manga I'm reading right now is "It's not my fault that I'm not popular"
and the anime I'm watching right now is "Mirai Nikki" Neither are finished.

FishBrains

Nov 11, 2011
Tartarga said:
Not for me, my favorite manga is Mahou Sensei Negima. It starts out pretty slow but once you get about 10 or 12 volumes in the story gets really freaking interesting and all these awesome characters show up.

Favorite anime is Baccano, anyone who has seen it will probably know why. I'm not sure if it even has a manga or not.
Yeah, Baccano is one of the best.
I enjoy a lot of anime and a lot of manga, but rarely both. There is no real BLAME! anime, the Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles anime sucked, ect.

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
No, but pretty close. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is my favorite anime, and my fourth favorite manga. My closest favorite anime to manga ratio is Azumanga Daioh, which is my third favorite anime and second favorite manga.

Although it's probably worth mentioning that I'm more of an anime person and have watched far more anime than I have read manga.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
My favorite anime is Cowboy Bebop, and my favorite Manga is uhh....I just realized I've never read a manga before...is that bad?

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
liamlemon7 said:
MammothBlade said:
Not really. I don't have any single favourite, but it's like this:

Anime
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Monster
Fairy Tail
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Serial Experiments Lain
Ghost in the Shell SAC

Manga
Mirai Nikki
Berserk
Battle Royale

I'm more of an anime person, but I read manga occassionally.
Thought I'd ask you since you said you are more of an anime person. Have you watched the Mirai Nikki anime adaptation?

OT- I don't really have a "favorite" it's more of a what I'm reading/watching now.
Manga I'm reading right now is "It's not my fault that I'm not popular"
and the anime I'm watching right now is "Mirai Nikki" Neither are finished.
I read through the entire manga really quickly, in the space of two days, before I was even aware that an anime was planned. I'm following the anime adaptation now, though.

Sep 30, 2010
Nope, I don't really like watching the anime versions of the manga I read. I'm fine with it if I saw the anime first but my favorite manga is Gintama and although I don't have an all-time favorite anime my top few include Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass, and Eden of the East.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
I don't think so. My favourite manga is Full Metal Alchemist and my favourite anime is Naruto although I've never read the manga. That may be something to pick up when I go into town later.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Nope but it is close.
My fav manga is: Marmalade boy (The anime is great as well having a whole extra story arc that makes Miki (the main character) even more mature then the manga)

Though Marmalade boy anime is high on my list i prefer "Maria is watching over us". The animation is based on the light novels (wish those has an english translation).

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
II2 said:
Akira : Akira
Ha, exactly the same for me! The anime has been getting some close competition while the manga still stands strong, but yes, still Akira and Akira.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
No My favorite Anime is Time of Eve(whose manga I haven't read),while my favorite manga is Negative Happy Chainsaw edge, only has a live action adaption which I still need to watch.Though I do immensely enjoy both versions of Usagi drop(though I've read nothing after the time skip).