Is your favourite game from your favourite series?

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
While my first console was a NES it as only when I played Ocarine of Time that I properly fell in love with a game and since then I have been a massive Legend of Zelda fan, I've played most of the games and it has been my favourite series ever since. Ocarine of Time was my favourite game until Twilight Princess came out and that became my new favourite.

However, a couple of years ago I played Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii. I was enthralled in the plot, loved the characters, couldn't get enough of the music and it had many stunning locations. Although I didn't finish the game (the main bad guy has 3 subordinates and I got annihilated by the first one) it still became my favourite game. I have gone back to it recently to try and finish it ready for when Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comes out and why I'm loving still loving it. I stay say The Legend of Zelda is my favourite series but Xenoblade Chronicles is my favourite game (Breath of the Wild is a close second).

What about you?

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Damn, if I tried to pin down a favorite series, I'd be here all day debating the merits of all the series I actually like.

But my favorite game overall has nothing to do with any of them. Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge is just an epic game that has to be seen to be believed. The arcade dogfights are fast and intense, you get to face down massive enemy zeppelins, and all of the planes have unique designs with powerful secondary weapons.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
I don't like series in general. They tend to let you down.
I judge a game on it's own merits, along with meta-factors.

If I absolutely had to chose a favorite game, it would be Freelancer.
Taken as a series though, I don't like war-mission based Starlancer or it's forced cockpit view.
Nor will I like Star Citizen (if it ever comes out) for it's Online system and again a forced cockpit view.

I tried to pick at least one series I could name but nothing is coming to mind.
Not Diablo since 3, not Deus Ex since IW, not Fallout since 3, not ES since Oblivion, not Dungeon Siege since 3...
Maybe Torchlight if it counts.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Eh, maybe?

Favorite game is Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Zelda could be my favorite series, but that's hard to quantify. But hey, least it's in contention.

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Is this like the question ?is your favourite song from your favourite band?? No in both cases.

My favourite game is probably Thief II The Metal Age. My favourite series is Monkey Island. Couldn?t be more different. Lol.

Sep 9, 2007
I don't really have a favorite series, if I'm honest. I'm not even sure I have a single "favourite" game anymore. There are developers that I like, but I'm not really phased if they put out a new game in an existing series or if they decide to try something new. If it matters, my personal best games of the past few years are Persona 5, NieR: Automata, XCOM 2 + WotC, Dawn of War 2 + Expansions and a couple indie games called Enemy and Heat Signature.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I'm the same. I don't have a favourite game or series.

I've also go back and play old games. Sometimes favourites from back then loose their lustre, like Fallout 2, Baulders Gat 1 or Systrm Shock. There are going to be games now that don't hold up in the future. I try not to get too attached.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Never really tried to fit my liking games into such a constricting corsage of thought and emotion.

I like a lot of titles, over a dozen or more systems, spread over around thirty years.

But... aye, the game series that I most enjoyed so far is the Souls series. Minus Two. Plus Demon's. A sprinkle of Borne.

My absolute favourite game has got to be the original - Demon's Souls. I only have seven copies left. I gave all the others away to people who did not own a copy of Demon's Souls. I hope they've all been played and enjoyed to the fullest.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Favourite series: Metroid.
Favourite game: Metroid Prime.

That's a yes.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I tend to look at my favorite series as A game. I'm pretty hard pressed to determine which Fallout game is my actual favorite. They exist on my top 5 as a group, but at number one... I'm not sure it is them or any one of them. Probably isn't actually. That would be Metal Gear Solid, or Silent Hill 2, or Chrono Cross, or Tie Fighter.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
My favourite game is the first "Far Cry" game. Never really got into any of the proceeding games and didn't even try the fourth one so my answer to the title is no.

I find that with series I love, it's hard to definitively declare any one game as the favourite of the bunch. Thankfully, I don't think any individual game in a series I love has managed to overtake the extreme nostalgia and familiarity I have with "Far Cry" so I don't think about it.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I don't know what my favourite game is at all. Or how to decide. Or even if I care. The Zelda/metroid series and others maybe, but, it's...more difficult to decide on a definite answer as time expands on. Not sure if that is a good or bad sign.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
My favorite game is Halo 3 and the Halo series is my favorite series of all time. Well, Bungies Halo at least.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I guess so. I love the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, and currently am playing Call of Chernobyl, which is a heavy mod of Call of Pripyat, which I like the best, so... sure.