It give me chills every time...

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
The scene where Mustang repeatedly incinerates Lust to death in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

The intro theme in Final Fantasy VII.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
- The "Canis Lupus" scene from Fantastic Mr. Fox.
It's the music that does it, man. It's the god damned beautiful music... *sniff*

You have earned my eternal respect for referencing this scene.

OT:

A couple of mine would be:

- Jake Sully's speech near the end of Avatar, as he rallies the fallen Omaticaya to fight the humans.

- The Circle of Life opening of The Lion King.

- Seeing the city of Rapture for the first time.

- Captain Keyes' ultimate fate in Halo: Combat Evolved

- The scene in the loft in The Walking Dead. You know the one I mean.

teqrevisited said:
There are many more, but
Gah! How did I forget this? Yes! Every time!

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
The climax of the first Mass Effect was probably my favourite moment in gaming, so i'll go with that.
FirstToStrike said:
This whole song, but the ending solo brings a tear to my eye.

<youtube=CWNDW5KtiKk>

So much emotion, and you let it out like a faucet.
Great choice from my favourite album (in music). Honorable mentions go to Hard To Concentrate, which has really interesting guitar-play and similarly to Wet Sand, it also really picks off at the end.

Bacaruda

Jul 10, 2011
Legion said:
The main battle in Puella Magi Madoka Magica, both the beginning and the full scene. The musical score especially helped make it amazing.

This song... is just gorgeous, especially in context. Ignore the ridiculous picture they chose for it...

Casual Shinji said:
Zhukov said:
That sequence in Children of Men. If you've seen the movie, you know what I mean.
I assume you're talking about...

...the birth scene.

That was pretty good. I still can't figure out how they pulled that off. As in, where did the real life actor stop and the special effect begin. The camera work in that movie was fucking brilliant.
I assumed they meant
The part where the fighting stops and as everybody realises there is a baby. When nobody has seen one in years.
No way. It's got to be...
The single long take when they are ambushed in the forest scene and Julian Moore's characters gets killed

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
No matter how many times i hear it

Also many moments in games and films, most notably the end of Mass Effect 3 when Tali puts shepards name up on the memorial wall and the end of the dark knight rises when Alfred speaks at Bruce's funeral (gotta love Michael Caine). Two moments that make me choke back man-tears and send a severe shiver down my spine...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Legion said:
Casual Shinji said:
I assume you're talking about...

...the birth scene.

That was pretty good. I still can't figure out how they pulled that off. As in, where did the real life actor stop and the special effect begin. The camera work in that movie was fucking brilliant.
I assumed they meant
The part where the fighting stops and as everybody realises there is a baby. When nobody has seen one in years.
Oh right. Damn, I can't believe I forgot that scene.
Proverbial Jon said:
Casual Shinji said:
- The "Canis Lupus" scene from Fantastic Mr. Fox.
It's the music that does it, man. It's the god damned beautiful music... *sniff*

You have earned my eternal respect for referencing this scene.
This movie was practically tailor made for me; It's got foxes, it's stop-motion, and it's directed by Wes Anderson. I bought the soundtrack as soon as I could after I first saw it.

MPerce

May 29, 2011
A lot of people have mentioned Chaplain's speech in The Great Dictator, but I will mention it again. It deserves ALL the mentions.

And then, for whatever reason, the final racing sequence in Speed Racer. It's an objectively shit movie, but screw it, I will always love it.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
This movie was practically tailor made for me; It's got foxes, it's stop-motion, and it's directed by Wes Anderson. I bought the soundtrack as soon as I could after I first saw it.
Yep, it's confirmed, you're my new favourite person.

The moment Ash earns his bandit hat and the way they proceed to escape from the farmers should be listed here as a definite "chills" moment. The whole feature is such a beautifully crafted, lovingly made piece of art and an absolute favourite of mine.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
The ending of MGS3 still remains strong stuff

And than there is this piece of epic music:

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
-When Lavos kills you and destroys the world of 1999. 'In the end, the future refused to change...' For that extra tingling, consider that this is the end of the natural life cycle of Lavos' species. After destroying the planet it was incubated in, it then sends its offspring to other planets to repeat the cycle.
-The end of Batman Begins.
-The Game Over sequence in Symphony of the Night.

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
Well the first that comes to mind is the one I have most recently seen (again) in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

When Alphonse confesses to Ed that he can't take the nights alone anymore. Shivers up my spine each time I've seen it.

another would have to be from Midnight Oil, it's actually the demo of their instrumental song called Bakerman. The demo has lyrics and sounds... eerie, like it's... well unfinished seems like a "duh" thing to say, but it's the best way I can find to describe it. It's rough, incomplete, and I love it.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
During the climax of the original Vampire Hunter D anime, there's a sequence where D slashes at a large brazier to put out the fire, then leaps over it at Count Magnus Lee. The camera spirals around D midleap and something about the animation of that scene always impresses me. I was hoping to find a clip to post, but didn't find one.

Aug 1, 2010
Nothing in the world compares to hearing this on surround sound at the theater.

I went back to see the movie again almost entirely because of this.

And since I'm a Warhammer 40k fan, I have to post this.

Chills man, chills. Especially the pan out from the eyes of the Dreadnought.

Absolutely loving this thread by the way. One of my favorites in a LONG time.

EDIT: OH OH I THOUGH OF ANOTHER ONE

A different kind of chills entirely, but damn, it does it. The giggling in the background just makes it that much more disturbing.

Nadia Castle

May 21, 2012
Despite being the forgotten Bioware game, the moment you are betrayed in Jade Empire. Didn't see it coming at all and it perfectly turned the entire plot on its head. Fantastic every time I play it. Shame about the ending mind...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Proverbial Jon said:
Casual Shinji said:
Yep, it's confirmed, you're my new favourite person.

The moment Ash earns his bandit hat and the way they proceed to escape from the farmers should be listed here as a definite "chills" moment. The whole feature is such a beautifully crafted, lovingly made piece of art and an absolute favourite of mine.
It's also just the charming little details, like how Ash gets a bandit hat... with stars on it. Or how when they're escaping Christopherson grabs Mr. Fox's tail and ties it to the antenna.

There's also the scene where the Fox family is being dug out and Mr. Fox starts running up the walls. And if you've ever seen a caged fox, that's what they do when they get spooked.

The entire movie was just sprinkled with these wonderful little moments.

Penguinis Weirdus

Mar 16, 2012
Being English I have to say this gives my spine a gold old shudder (btw I am not a fan of Churchill I think for a large chunk of his political career he was an out of touch, opportunistic, aristo but in terms of reassuring a nation (which at the time thought it was nigh-untouchable and was possibly going to seek peace) he did manage to change that feeling into a we'll eventually win.

Also the end speech in The Great Dictator gets me every time, embedded further up in the posts

And of course 1984's O'Brien's speech about power (more it terrifies me)

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Comebacks in fighting games always hits me.
A crowd going nuts in the background is also a suitable replacement for the Rocky soundtrack.
The "never give up" theme gets to me, being someone who is awful at every fighting game I have ever tried my hand at.

Also, orchestral renditions of nearly any given video game track. Y'know, unless it was performed by an orchestra in the first place.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
The entire song "The Light and the Glass" by Coheed and Cambria.

I don't know what it is, but I get chills when I hear it, and I tear up whenever I sing it.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
When Andy escapes in the Shawshank Redemption, just the music, the lighting, how he laughs and smiles, get's me every time and I can't help but smile too with chills going down my spine. Great film.