It's a Seven Day Party For Seven Million Battlefield Heroes Players

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
It's a Seven Day Party For Seven Million Battlefield Heroes Players

Seven million gamers have signed up for Battlefield Heroes and EA is marking the milestone with a special seven-themed promotion running for the next seven days.

It's not every day that your free-to-play online shooter rings up seven million registrations, so Electronic Arts wants to celebrate. Beginning today and running for the next week, players will be given a special pack containing 77 bandages, 77 wrenches and 77 Battlefunds [http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/store/qa], the virtual currency used to buy in-game items and special content, just for connecting to the game. But wait! There's more!

For the next seven days players will also be able to pick up the unique "Bundle Number 7," which includes a seven-day XP boost, a seven-day VP boost, a seven-day "Sarge's stamina boost" and 777 tonics. I don't know what these tonics actually do, but that sure sounds like an awful lot of them. The cost? 777 Battlefunds!

Battlefield Heroes is a cartoon-style online shooter that opened to the public in July 2009. Originally developed by EA DICE, it was the first Battlefield game to be released under EA's "Play4Free" model, which offers free gameplay with the option to pay a few bucks in exchange for exclusive extra content. In Novemer, EA revealed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105030-EA-Unveils-New-Free-to-Play-Battlefield-Game] that it is currently at work on a new, more realistic "Play 4 Free" military shooter creatively entitled Battlefield Play4Free.

More information about Battlefield Heroes and a code to claim your free stuff is available at battlefieldheroes.com [http://www.battlefieldheroes.com].

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
God this game is shitty. I've played it since the beta, and their promise of Free2Play is a ripoff.

It basically surmounts to "play for free and earn nothing, or give us money and own everyone."

Buying stuff should not give a massive advantage over people who haven't bought stuff.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I've played since beta and while I am hardly a regular player it is an easy game to pick up and play for a bit. I'm all for the free stuff and maybe if they keep giving me free Battlefunds I might actually use them at some point.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Played during the beta, was fun. Played around randomly through the past year, and its still fun. Considering the game is free I cant ask for much more then being fun :p

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Man, my computer can't run it, and I'm getting a new one in, like... seven days.

I hope a wet broad doesn't crawl out of its screen.

Pebsy

Jun 12, 2008
been playing the battlefield play4free beta, its basically battlefield 2 but you can't swap classes. Cool cuz you can launch it out of your web browser though.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
7 million registered users doesn't mean 7 million players- I ended up scoring two seperate beta keys, and I haven't touched either of them in ages.

hansari

May 31, 2009
SomebodyNowhere said:
I've played since beta and while I am hardly a regular player it is an easy game to pick up and play for a bit. I'm all for the free stuff and maybe if they keep giving me free Battlefunds I might actually use them at some point.
Was I doing something wrong? People keep posting about how fun this game is, but after going through the long hassle of fixing the router issues, I ended up playing the same map over and over again for something like 20 matches...

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
hansari said:
SomebodyNowhere said:
Was I doing something wrong? People keep posting about how fun this game is, but after going through the long hassle of fixing the router issues, I ended up playing the same map over and over again for something like 20 matches...
Last time I played they had something like 6 maps and a few nighttime variants. You might have had your map selection set to a specific type or you landed on a server that runs only one map.