ITS GODZILLA!!!!!!!

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Shycte said:
I was going for the one with Matthew Broderick. God what an awful movie. Not even sexy man Jean Reno could make up for it.
Okay, you are forgiven then. I was gonna rage if someone had actually tried to reference:

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
I remember one of the Godzilla movies featuring him fighting a giant sea louse and I think we have more to worry about from that.

Here's a link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_louse

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Haven't seen any giant mutants as a result of radioactivity yet, so why should it start now?

LeeHarveyO

Jan 13, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Haven't seen any giant mutants as a result of radioactivity yet, so why should it start now?
Because its Japan and the laws of nature do not apply to Japan.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
LeeHarveyO said:
FalloutJack said:
Because its Japan and the laws of nature do not apply to Japan.
Ah, well... It's moments like these that make me glad that the military has development on the railgun.

Wylade

Jul 3, 2010
ZydrateDealer said:
LeeHarveyO said:
ZydrateDealer said:
I'm more worried about the zombies...shoot for the head the head damn it man!
But what if its a zombie Godzilla, then what? We are all screwed!
Zombie King Kong will save us...then kill us.
King Kong is only about 30ft tall, whereas Godzilla is 160 meters, or 400ft if you use the American dub of the original. Nope, the only thing that might be able to save us would be... Japans Gundam project they've been working on since the '80s.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Mackheath said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
I will be blasting Jamiroquai's "Deeper Underground" when he makes his glorious entrance.
I hate you for this.

*begins to hum*
I'm goin' deeper underground...
There's too much panic in this town

I'm goin' deeper underground...
There's too much panic in this town

*dances in flooded movie theatre*

LeeHarveyO

Jan 13, 2009
Wylade said:
ZydrateDealer said:
LeeHarveyO said:
ZydrateDealer said:
King Kong is only about 30ft tall, whereas Godzilla is 160 meters, or 400ft if you use the American dub of the original. Nope, the only thing that might be able to save us would be... Japans Gundam project they've been working on since the '80s.
I 100% agree.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
I hate to be a killjoy, but if Godzilla wasn't born of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, it won't be born of Fukushima, I'm afraid.

lacktheknack said:
Anyways, Surely we'd have Hulking Lungfish first?

*snip*

I'd be concerned.
That thing, on the other hand, is the stuff of nightmares.

ZydrateDealer

Nov 17, 2009
Wylade said:
ZydrateDealer said:
LeeHarveyO said:
ZydrateDealer said:
I was referring to the god awful 1962 Godzilla vs King Kong movie in which two guys in rubber suits have a slap fight and King Kong drowns Godzilla in the ocean. Which made me think hang on a minute Godzilla came from the ocean, it's his home turf how did he get his arse handed to him...also what was the point in the sequence in which they slap a model castle to pieces.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
When people die, I mourn, but when Godzilla appears, I cheer. I would be concerned though if something a nuclear affected monster did show up.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Agayek said:
Shycte said:
I was going for the one with Matthew Broderick. God what an awful movie. Not even sexy man Jean Reno could make up for it.
Okay, you are forgiven then. I was gonna rage if someone had actually tried to reference:

Omahgawd, what is that horrible thing?

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Shycte said:
Omahgawd, what is that horrible thing?
http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Godzooky

Long story short, in the late 70s/early 80s someone thought it'd be awesome to have a Saturday morning cartoon series based on the Godzilla movies/mythos. What they did was basically created a group of 2-3 teenagers and Godzooky that ran around fighting Kaiju. The trick with them was that they had Godzooky, who was Godzilla's nephew. Godzooky was completely useless in a fight (and they made a special effort to hammer that point home), but he could summon Godzilla on demand, so he was basically a sentient I-WIN button.

The cartoon is firmly in the "so-bad-it's-worse" category, but I do have some fond memories of it as a kid.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Shycte said:
Agayek said:
Shycte said:
Don't worry, we'll just feed it with a lot of fish.

And yes, I am trying to be as obscure as possible here.
You really went there didn't you?

Though I can't be sure if you're referencing the last Godzilla movie or the cartoon based off same.

Or the god-awful Godzooky cartoon.
Hey, it had a huge dinosaur wreaking havoc. That makes it okay in my book.