It's Good to be Bad in the Star Wars Battlefront II Singleplayer Campaign

Redvenge

Oct 14, 2014
Neverhoodian said:
...Look EA, I'm sure you're well and truly chuffed for all the praise you're getting with these "new" features (aka "content that should have been in the first game"), but don't try to pull the wool over our eyes with your revisionist history.
"Everything they told you is true... from a certain point of view"

EA tends to look at things from an EA-centric view. So, this may be viewed as the first time EA created a campaign told completely from the Empire's viewpoint.

Your overall point is valid, but I doubt EA will ever see it that way.

Mar 26, 2008
Kajin said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
ObsidianJones said:
"

Hey, I'm happy that people who are into that will get to play that side of the battle. I know there's a lot of Siths out there. But please spare me the misunderstood angle.
I just posted in the trailer thread about this. I find it really hard to like, or even sympathize, with this lady when she's standing on the ashes of the billions of people the Empire killed on Alderaan. So yeah, I don't want to be hearing anything about a different point of view, and how they're the ones bringing peace and order to the galaxy now.
I mean, when a significant portion of your life you've been spoon fed propaganda that tells you you're doing as such, you tend to believe that what you're doing is right and that you're in the clear for doing it. Very few people are the villains of their own personal stories.
That's precisely what I think. Unless you're a sociopath, people don't get up in the morning and think "you know what, I'm going to slaughter people by the dozen today just because I can." The brain will try everything to justify it in a way that you're absolved of guilt. You're in the right, they're in the wrong. I'm sure many Stormtroopers considered themselves as the police officers of the galaxy, upholding law and order.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Redvenge said:
Neverhoodian said:
...Look EA, I'm sure you're well and truly chuffed for all the praise you're getting with these "new" features (aka "content that should have been in the first game"), but don't try to pull the wool over our eyes with your revisionist history.
"Everything they told you is true... from a certain point of view"

EA tends to look at things from an EA-centric view. So, this may be viewed as the first time EA created a campaign told completely from the Empire's viewpoint.

Your overall point is valid, but I doubt EA will ever see it that way.
I wouldn't be suprised if EA tried to pretend the Lucasarts games never existed. Unless they somehow managed to absorb Lucasarts(or the IP anyways), in which they'd retroactively claimed they were responsible for Tie Fighter and such.